• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D115 ... 1st Use & impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D115 ... 1st Use & impressions

I just got my gallon of D115 in the mail Monday and due to weather/work I had to wait until today to test it. Couldn't ask for a better day to detail - mid 70s, very light breeze and full sun (I lost my shade about 1/2 way through though I had someone parked behind me and couldn't move my car to keep it in the shade from the tree)>

I started using the rest of my UWWA to clean the roof and upper trunk etc. but then I chickened out because I saw just HOW MUCH dirt was coming off onto the mf. So I gave the car a quick wipe down with my mf mitt and fresh soapy water, then hosed it off really well. I finished my bottle of UWWA on drying the car so then I made up a bottle of D115 to finish drying the car. The UWWA bottle holds ~26 oz of product. I put in roughly 3 oz of D115 and filled the rest with 23 oz of hot tap water, roughly a 1:7 ratio (I know, I should really be using distilled, but I haven't gone to the store yet).

The 1st thing I noticed when I took the jug out of the shipping box, was that I could smell it. Even though the bottle was tightly closed and sealed with no leaks, I COULD SMELL IT ... not a bad smell BTW. I added the D115 first, then the water so it would mix better, then shook it up.

I used the mix to finish drying the car (works great as a drying aid), then after the car was dry, I applied it again, in the manner I apply a Quik Wax ... a couple of shots to a dry towel, then buff the surface of the car (small areas at a time). Some areas of the car had dried to fast and left streaks, but reapplying the D115 this way eliminated the streaks and left behind a GLOSSY, SLICK finish.

I think I just might use this stuff as a QD, QW/Drying Aid, window cleaner (all it takes is a LIGHT application on the glass, then a buff with a clean dry cloth and the windows are perfect), BUG remover (it made the week old bug guts wipe off the front of the car with ease). And what ever else I can think of to use it for
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');