• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diving Head First Into Car Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diving Head First Into Car Care

Hey Everyone! Been lurking around the forums for a few days now as I have finally decided to make the commitment to better auto care. I currently have a black 2014 Ford (Nearly perfect condition) and a blue 2002 VW beetle (black grime covering the car and several large clear coat failure spots) and I would like to keep the 2014 looking pristine and try to do what I can to get it looking as nice as it can. I am usually the kind of person who wings stuff, but considering the sheer amount of work this process is going to entail (assuming I do everything right) and the money I am going to be putting down, I figured I would post what I think I know, and my game plan and hopefully someone can make sure I am on the right path and catch any oversights I may have had. So I know that I want to use an electric buffer because the Volkswagen is going to take a truly incredible amount of work and it will make upkeep on the Ford significantly easier. I am currently considering the Meguiar's MT300 because from what I have read using a dual-action polisher should prevent me from damaging my paint. -= Ford Game Plan =- 01. Wash (By hand) - Product: Meguiar's G3626 Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere Spray 02. Clay the Car (Clean) - Product:? (Is there a clay bar product that can be used with the MT300?) 03. Paint Finish (Clean) - Product: Meguiar

Repost with proper spacing.

Hey Everyone!

Been lurking around the forums for a few days now as I have finally decided to make the commitment to better auto care. I currently have a black 2014 Ford (Nearly perfect condition) and a blue 2002 VW beetle (looks like it was half way through being sand blasted before suddenly stopping) and I would like to keep the 2014 looking pristine and try to do what I can to get it looking as nice as it can.

I am usually the kind of person who wings stuff, but considering the sheer amount of work this process is going to entail (assuming I do everything right) and the money I am going to be putting down, I figured I would post what I think I know, and my game plan and hopefully someone can make sure I am on the right path and catch any oversights I may have had.

So I know that I want to use an electric buffer because the Volkswagen is going to take a truly incredible amount of work and it will make upkeep on the Ford significantly easier. I am currently considering the Meguiar's MT300 because from what I have read using a dual-action polisher should prevent me from damaging my paint.

-= Ford Game Plan =-
    01. Wash (By hand)
    - Product: Meguiar's G3626 Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere Spray
    02. Clay the Car (Clean)
    - Product:? (Is there a clay bar product that can be used with the MT300?)
    03. Paint Finish (Clean)
    - Product: Meguiar

Comment

Forum keeps cutting my post off...

-= Ford Game Plan =-
      01. Wash (By hand)
      - Product: Meguiar's G3626 Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere Spray
      02. Clay the Car (Clean)
      - Product:? (Is there a clay bar product that can be used with the MT300?)
      03. Paint Finish (Clean)
      - Product: Meguiar

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');