• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can I use gold class carnuaba plus every week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I use gold class carnuaba plus every week?

Hi all,

I've bought a new car few months ago and have seemingly developed an obsession for detailing my car.

Is there any harm in waxing my car every week(theoretically) with gold class carnauba plus paste wax? now you may say it's a waste of money and time to do so frequently (and it probably is), but I get enjoyment from doing so and no way consider it a chore!
    Now time and money aside, is there any negatives to the paint and/or clear coat from doing so frequently?

many thanks

Re: can I use gold class carnuaba plus every week?

You can probably wax it every day with no harmful effects to the paint. Might be some wax buildup, but no harm done. If I were you, I would take up golf or something.

Comment

The paint might appear dull due to wax build up. Why not use a spray wax more often than waxing. You won't get build up and it will save you some time.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the replies

I'm probably not waxing it every week but likely more often then people would recommend haha. just wanted to know if there was anything bad if car paint were to be frequently waxed.
        I'll try the spray wax and see if I get the same satisfaction. Cheers

Comment

Yes, I think you'll get sick of doing it, especially by hand. Gold Class Quik Wax is your new best friend
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

I guess you also have to factor in, that with more waxing, you'll rub your paint more (while you wiping it), and even though microfibers are quite safe, but any time you touch your paint, you have the chance to introduce marks...

Comment

Yeah, spray wax is a much better friend, and helps while drying.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');