• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What product to use to clean oily & dirty steering wheel leather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What product to use to clean oily & dirty steering wheel leather?

On my Toyota, the leather is not real, it's called "softex" leather but it feels the same. I know you shouldn't use regular leather cleaner/conditioner on it. Anyway, I've heard the steering wheel is real leather but with that uncertainty in mind, how would I proceed to clean oil and dirt off the steering wheel to make it like new?

Thanks
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: What product to use to clean oily & dirty steering wheel leather?

I would still use a leather cleaner and a soft brush to agitate the dirt. Be very gentle with steering wheel leather, it is stretched about to it's max and being too aggressive can pull the top layer off where the dye and coating of the leather exists.

Comment

I use Leather Masters on my Toy; there's a cleaner & a protectant in the kit.

Comment

See Mike's response in your own thread.

99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Forgot that was there from a year ago. As it turns out for others who stumble across this, a simple warm damp microfiber cloth makes the material factory clean and matte. Very happy with the results. Cloth was very dirty after a good rub down.
          2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');