• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought my first DA... What does it need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought my first DA... What does it need?

In between jobs, so maybe shouldn't be buying anything but.. I bought this G110 today used on ebay. ($100) Looks like it has the backing plate. What else do I need?

Main goal here is to get waterspots off my paint that seem etched in and on my dads new expedition to simply buff and wax it.

So anything I need to buy just let me know. Thanks
    2015 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Barcelona Red Metallic

Re: Just bought my first DA... What does it need?

I guess the first thing would be to plug it in to see that it turns on. The second thing is you will need pads. Meguiar's offers their new foam discs. They come in 5" and 6". I believe that comes with a 6" or 6.5" backing plate. If you can afford it, I would swap it out to a 5" plate and run 5" pads.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      I guess the first thing would be to plug it in to see that it turns on. The second thing is you will need pads. Meguiar's offers their new foam discs. They come in 5" and 6". I believe that comes with a 6" or 6.5" backing plate. If you can afford it, I would swap it out to a 5" plate and run 5" pads.
      Yes, it works perfectly. I would prefer to just use the backing plate that it comes with. What I need to know is which pads do I need to purchase? Like I said, its for merely waxing on my dads new '16 Expedition but just for removing water spots on my car.

thanks

Comment

Just emailed Meguiars customer service trying to get part numbers for the pads I need. Also, this is what I'm dealing with on my car. Washing and cleaner wax does nothing to this monster.

Comment

99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

You are quite the helpful guy! Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');