• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere ... 1st Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere ... 1st Use

I have a black Camaro that sits half under a maple tree and about 30 feet from my neighbor's flower garden, so between the two, I get A LOT of pollen all over the car. After being informed that using UQW wasn't a good idea for heavy pollen removal, I bought a bottle of UWWA at Wally World.

I had a chance to use it tonight after about 3 days of pollen collection and a light sprinkle that seems to have glued the pollen to the finish. I had done a small patch on my quarter panel at work to demonstrate to a coworker (who immediately took a picture of the bottle so he could go to Wally World on his lunch break and get the right stuff). The smell is very strong, but also very pleasant and the sprayer actually works well.

Using probably less than I should on the heavy areas (top/hood/trunk) I sprayed the UWWA on and let it 'soak' a minute or two, there was no hot sun and the car was cool, so it didn't evaporate. Then I took a clean MF, folded twice, giving me 4 clean surfaces to work with, I started wiping the UWWA/pollen mix off the paint. There was so much pollen that even using the 'rolling the towel' method, two swipes and that part of the towel was caked with pollen and had to be turned to a fresh side. Once that part was done (I broke each panel into halves (hood/roof/trunk) which took 2 towels to wipe off all 6 surfaces, I used a clean/dry MF to buff off the residue. It wasn't as slick as I thought it was going to be, but it buffed off streak-free, even on the glass which was awesome because almost EVERYTHING streaks or smear on my glass.

I finished the whole car in about 30 minutes (I wasn't in a hurry) and went to get ready for work. On the way, I stopped at my usual haunt to pick up my coffee and under their sodium vapor lights I saw a spot I had missed while buffing. I grabbed a clean MF from the back seat and gently wiped the area. Not only did it buff out beautifully, but it was crazy-slippery. If the D-115 is anything like this, I will definitely be buying this stuff by the gallon soon enough.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere ... 1st Use

OH, BTW ... the car looked incredible!!!
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"

Comment

I just talked to the guy at work that I demonstrated the UWWA for ... he bought a bottle at lunch and did his motorcycle after work. Said it took him all of 2 minutes and that the bike looks like new. Now he wants to buy a gallon of D-115.
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"

Comment

UWWA/D115 is the best thing since sliced bread. Truly amazing, and saved me a LOT of wasted time trying to use QD and getting more streaks and wipe-holograms than cleaning.

From what I understand, D115 is exactly the same, except does not have that blueberry scent, and is a bit blueish. You also have to mix it with water in specific ratios, and into a separate spray bottle. The UWWA bottle can't really be used, because the top is very difficult to get on/off. I'm fine with just buying UWWA at the store, partly because of that blueberry scent, but one of these days I'll probably get D115 with my next order for other stuff.

Anyway, I'm glad you've discovered what has become my general APC and QD. I use UWWA all over the car, and as you've found, UWWA is amazing on glass, especially if you follow with light QW and your QW rag/towel that's already got some QW in it.
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
          UWWA/D115 is the best thing since sliced bread...

... as you've found, UWWA is amazing on glass, especially if you follow with light QW and your QW rag/towel that's already got some QW in it.
          I'm starting to agree, my 1st impressions doing a HEAVILY pollen-attacked car show that this stuff is definitely a winner, Driving into work tonight it was raining and the water beaded up and shot off the glass as good as it does with Rain-X (as well as being crystal clear).

In short; I LIKE IT!!!
          Don
          12/27/2015
          "Darth Camaro"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');