• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will using UWWA or ONR on my glass mess up my Rain-X coating or boost it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will using UWWA or ONR on my glass mess up my Rain-X coating or boost it?

I've really gotten into the waterless/rinseless wash method now and I know that these products can be used on glass. However, will using this over glass that already has a coating of Rain-X mess it up or will it help it (similar to using a spray wax over a base layer for added protection)? And does glass cleaner remove Rain-X? Thanks!

Re: Will using UWWA or ONR on my glass mess up my Rain-X coating or boost it?

For UWWA, you will more than likely see the effects of the product versus the rain x on the glass. It won't remove it but it will eventually be replaced by UWWA protection left behind. It is my understanding that ONR contains polymers in it as well. Although I can't comment on whether or not it leaves anything behind on the surface to alter the surface tension. Both won't remove rain x. I'm not sure it really matters if rain x is replaced seeing as it's effects are short lived.

A glass cleaner that does not contain any alcohol should be ok. Something like Meguiar's Perfect Clarity, Stoners Invisible Glass should be fine.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I do it all the time... base of RainX, use UQW while drying, so over spray everything. Never had a problem.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        I do it all the time... base of RainX, use UQW while drying, so over spray everything. Never had a problem.
        Did you notice an improvement in the water beading properties at all? Did it bead more/run off sooner when driving in the rain?

Comment

No.. I wouldn't say better or worse, but I keep it pretty clean all the time, clay one in a while.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');