• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D108 to clean trim???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D108 to clean trim???

So I have super degreaser on hand and was wondering if would be an effective cleaner for plastic and rubber trim on the. Exterior of a vehicle to remove residue, dirt and oxidation prior to dressing it.

Re: D108 to clean trim???

Originally posted by ERICTSKI View Post
    So I have super degreaser on hand and was wondering if would be an effective cleaner for plastic and rubber trim on the. Exterior of a vehicle to remove residue, dirt and oxidation prior to dressing it.
    Probably a bit too aggressive and will cause the trim to dry out further. I would recommend D101 instead. Or for rubber trim I like M40.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I typically use a trim dressing to help keep it looking good, but was thinking a nice deep cleaning would be good for it. Maybe I will pick up some D101 or some M39/40. Thanks

Comment

10:1 might work on trim. I have never used D108 for trim. Only for wheel wells. D101 should be in your arsenal as well.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah sounds like d101 is needed. Was trying to keep my product numbers down but that's ok.

So are you suggesting D101 at 10:1 or 4:1 for exterior trim?

Comment

I believe the Guz aka Michael is suggesting D108 at 10:1 for trim or maybe a weaker dilution.
            But with D101, 4:1 is for really dirty conditions whereas 10:1 is great for well maintained trim.
            I too have only used D108 for wheel wells, rubber floor mats and occasionally my tires
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by ERICTSKI View Post
              Yeah sounds like d101 is needed. Was trying to keep my product numbers down but that's ok.

So are you suggesting D101 at 10:1 or 4:1 for exterior trim?
              Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
              I believe the Guz aka Michael is suggesting D108 at 10:1 for trim or maybe a weaker dilution.
              But with D101, 4:1 is for really dirty conditions whereas 10:1 is great for well maintained trim.
              I too have only used D108 for wheel wells, rubber floor mats and occasionally my tires
              This is correct. I was referring to D108 at 10:1. Same dilution for D101 on exterior trim.

I use D108 at 4:1 on tires as that is the only way it is effective at cleaning tires from me using it. I will use the same dilution for wheel wells.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');