• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drying ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying ?

When drying do you use a damp microfiber or dry?

Re: Drying ?

Dry

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Does it has the potential of marring or anything when dry on delicate clearcoat?

Comment

What do you mean delicate? Clearcoat is a durable protective finish over the basecoat.

Comment

Originally posted by torque View Post
          Thanks for the reply! Does it has the potential of marring or anything when dry on delicate clearcoat?
          Are you asking about soft paint?
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
            Are you asking about soft paint?
            Yes. Japanese soft clearcoat.

Comment

Well we are not drying the dinner dishes, so no rubbing allowed. My car is so well waxed that a gentile stream from the hose allows most of the water to sheet off. Then using a dry towel, I either blot, or lay it flat and pull it gently over the body panel. Occasional I will use a little electric blower (75 mph wind) to blow the water off, and out of crevasses, and and finish up with a dry towel. Those methods will never hurt a standard clearcoat.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
                Well we are not drying the dinner dishes, so no rubbing allowed. My car is so well waxed that a gentile stream from the hose allows most of the water to sheet off. Then using a dry towel, I either blot, or lay it flat and pull it gently over the body panel. Occasional I will use a little electric blower (75 mph wind) to blow the water off, and out of crevasses, and and finish up with a dry towel. Those methods will never hurt a standard clearcoat.
                I dry like you by lay it flat and gently pull. As far as towel i use a Meguiars water magnet and microfiber madness drying towel and for crevasses i use the Metro Sidekick. I'm not sure if i need to use a drying aid like a detailer or spray wax. I'm going to try the blotting method to see if that going to help. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

When drying do you use a damp microfiber or dry?
                  Dry towel, but I use a drying agent to add some lubrication. A detail spray or a spray wax liked D156 work great for this use.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
                    Dry towel, but I use a drying agent to add some lubrication. A detail spray or a spray wax liked D156 work great for this use.
                    Thanks for the reply!

Comment

If you use a electric leaf blower there is very little water to dry off. Use a clean dry towel

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

Comment

Dry but like i read from another member i also use a drying agent to add some lubrication.

Comment

I prefer my drying MF damp, I like to rinse the towel off first with the hose, wring it out and start drying, seems to pick up all the water and not leave behind those little water droplets

Comment

I use my electric leaf blower and wipe off what's left with a dry Megs SS mf towel...ocassionally I do use D156
                              "STRIFE" aka Phil
                              2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                              2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                              2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');