• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing microfiber towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing microfiber towels

Are polishing/waxing towels supposed to be separated when washing them or can you combine the 2 and wash them together?

Re: Washing microfiber towels

I wash mine together in HOT water with Tide and give them the double rinse cycle

Comment

Originally posted by Low83 View Post
      I wash mine together in HOT water with Tide and give them the double rinse cycle
      Me too.

Comment

Me three

Comment

When done with a towel, put it in a 5 gallon bucket (only put about 4 gallons of water in) with some Oxiclean. Grit Guard helps. Let sit and soak for a while (as long as a few days if needed). Microfiber REALLY likes to hold onto things so soaking is very important.

Load into washer with non residue detergent (preferable) and 2 oz. of Simple Green (excellent grease cutter). Put distilled white vinegar (~8 oz. or more) into fabric softener area and use extra rinse. Set to HOT.

NEARLY ALL consumer detergent will have perfume, color, and optical brighteners that will be left in your towels. That's right, typical detergent is designed NOT to clean your cloths, but to leave chemicals behind! I bought some Towel Klean and it contains all of these, so I won't be buying it any longer.

Sport Wash is a zero residue detergent that I use for both cloths and microfiber.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');