• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Covers

hey,

I purchased a cover from them last year and it has completely deteriorated.
    They are the reason I was on the market again for a cover but I have to thank them since I stumbled upon carcover.com which is by far the best cover I had on my car for years.
    like I stated they offer a lifetime warranty and the cover is 100% water proof you really cant ask for a better cover that what I purchased.
    have look for you wont regret it https://www.carcover.com/

Comment

The main problem is not the dust, it's the wind rubbing the cover against your paint resulting in horizontal rubbing marks, not a big deal to polish out but since it's DD, leave it in the open and use a good sealant.

Comment

Originally posted by amblin83 View Post
        The main problem is not the dust, it's the wind rubbing the cover against your paint resulting in horizontal rubbing marks, not a big deal to polish out but since it's DD, leave it in the open and use a good sealant.

that's what I've been doing. The paint seems to be fine, but I really need to stay on top of the trim. I've used all of them (Solution Finish, Back to Black etc) but none seem to last more than a month.

thanks for the response

Comment

Good to hear it's not a problem yet, the factory cover of my old Audi almost destroyed the roof paint with dozens of horizontal rubbing marks. My place is quite windy.

Maybe try sonax polymer net shield (223 100) wait 12 hours and then a layer of wax of your choice for the extra shine.

I've been using net shield for a few years and the thing can last at least 3 months (bi weekly gold wash and random UQD). It's an aerosol based spray sealant applied similar to liquid wax but dries and must be buffed almost immediately.

for rubber parts I simply use my water proof shoe polish... better than all the rubber protectants I've tried....

Comment

And for metal trims I use Tuf cloth... I can never tell how long it can last but so far all the aluminum parts were fine...

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');