• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing microfiber cloths after cleaning bird poop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washing microfiber cloths after cleaning bird poop

I would recommend a waterless wash type product like Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere or D115. Also D114 mixed as a waterless wash.

Then toss your towels in the wash and you are done.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
      I never use any of my MF towels on bird poop, I just saturate a couple sheets of paper towel with detail spray and just gently wipe off.
      Toss in the garbage...way easier.
      Is there no need to be concerned about swirl marks with this method?

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
        Paper towel is not soft, regardless of using something to provide lubricity. So I would be stuck repolishing that area afterwards.
        I don't buy the cheap bulk paper towels. Mine are soft, like a baby's bum, and with a black car, I would know if I needed to re-polish. Anyway, each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudwalker View Post
          Is there no need to be concerned about swirl marks with this method?
          I don't know the size of the birds in your area, but in mine, it only a small splat on the paint. I do not do a wide circular motion like cleaning something spilled on the garage floor. Just saturate the paper towel with detail spray (heck, I even use windshield washer fluid occasionally) and lay it on the splat. Gently, gently, blot the spot, not not wipe, and then with another damp paper towel (sometime I have used a Kleenx) more blotting and the poop comes off. Follow up with a little Detaielr or quick wax if you wish. Done. No swirls. Now, if you live where the are large seagulls, or flying cows, this process may not work for you.

Comment

99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Some of you will be too young to remember Red Skelton.
              He had a pair of alter eagles (egos) who were seagulls named Gertrude and Heathcliffe.

With his elbows forming wingtips as his fists tuck into his armpits, he begins.
              Heathcliff says, “Have you seen the new cars this year?
              Gertrude turned to him and said, “ I spotted one this morning …

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
                I have a few different categories of MF towels. For cleaning up things like bird droppings I don't use the same MF I would normally use for wax removal, etc.

Outside of this I would just clean the solids off of it before throwing it in with my "abuse" towels.

the way I do also.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bear View Post
                  Some of you will be too young to remember Red Skelton.
                  He had a pair of alter eagles (egos) who were seagulls named Gertrude and Heathcliffe.

With his elbows forming wingtips as his fists tuck into his armpits, he begins.
                  Heathcliff says, “Have you seen the new cars this year?
                  Gertrude turned to him and said, “ I spotted one this morning …
                  Oh, I remember Red. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
                    I don't buy the cheap bulk paper towels. Mine are soft, like a baby's bum, and with a black car, I would know if I needed to re-polish. Anyway, each to their own.
                    Can you tell me what kind of paper towels you use?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');