• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug/Bird pool Stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug/Bird pool Stains

Hey All!

Does anyone know if there is currently a bug/bird poop stain remover currently on the market? I have read threads about using M105 and Scratch X 2.0. Which one of those 2 would more effective with less work?

I was hoping that here was some spray that would remove both the deposits and the stain.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Bug/Bird pool Stains

For the initial cleaning of bug innards and bird stuff, high pressure water (at least a hard stream from a garden hose) should be used to remove the majority of the gunk. That is the safest way to remove the bugs & poop, THEN lay a carwash mitt full of soapy water & suds on the marks and let the soap soak for a while, then GENTLY WIPE the mitt across the surface to remove the remainder of the poop/bug. Then rinse. Anything left over is likely permanent (IF you let it dry on the paint too long). Next would come the rubbing/polishing step. I would use Ultimate Compound or Ult Polish to try and repair anyother marks that are left after washing.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Yeah, I suppose you could do it this way too
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Unless you're parking near a birdcage or tree nests, it shouldn't be that much work. UWWA/D115 is the key, and UWWA is very easy to find in stores. I spray it on and let it soak for a few seconds, then brush and wipe away. If there's a stain or cloudy spot left behind, I've learned to leave it alone, as it will (unbelievably) go away upon repeated GCQW quik-waxing, GC/UWW washing, etc. If not, the cloudy spot will disappear on my next machine correction. This assumes the bird poop landed within the last few hours, and has not baked in the sun for weeks on end, of course - if so, that's probably going to require an immediate spot-correction with the machine.

Hope that helps
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');