• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotch brite pad marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotch brite pad marks

Hi everyone, I was washing my car with my brother couple days ago and he took the green side of the kitchen sponges to remove some tree sap marks left on the paint because he couldn't scrub it off with a towel. Now there are some scratched spots on my car and its noticeable when you look at it an angle. When you look at it at an angle, its just a random scuffed up spot with no shine on it. He did it super lightly he said so I don't think it's deep scratches.

I researched around a little bit, and I came across this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErdbFl0Ziw) I've never done any detailing or anything to my car exterior before so I'm not sure if I should go about this approach with sand paper. I bought a bottle of Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and it made it slightly better, but you still see the scratches if you look carefully. If anyone has any tips or a guide on how to remove these spots please let me know! Help would be much appreciated

Please understand that I do not have that great of a budget to get a DA, and I'm fairly inexperienced in detailing

I'll try to get a couple of photos in when I get the chance!

Re: Scotch brite pad marks

Without a DA polisher, it's going to be a lot of rub, buff off, repeat with the Ultimate Compound
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Re: Scotch brite pad marks

As Don says, it is going to be hard work by hand, but, it can be done. What I found using Ultimate Compound, as great a product as it is, it can make the finish a tad dull sometimes. At least that was my experience using the DA System with it. (thingy that goes on a power drill) You might need some Ultimate Polish afterwards to bring back the sparkle again. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');