• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create and edit posts frequently fail in IE 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create and edit posts frequently fail in IE 11

This has been a recurring difficulty.
    While creating or editing a thread, the website returns errors.
    Additionally, the thread window does not allow a cut and paste ( example of a URL ).

Which version is this being reported?
    . Internet Explorer 11.0.30. Current on updates.
    . Windows 10 with current updates.
    Did this work before?
    . Recent forum member, has occurred each time creation or edit over last two months.
    Symptoms:
    . Cannot paste from another window. Examples paste a URL, or create thread in textpad and paste into thread, paste a linked hyperlink.
    . After about 1 minute (varies ) of starting to create the thread the website returns an error.
    . The action crashes the IE program. X out the error window, rather than restart and you might be able to continue, yet the time gets reduced before next error.
    . User ( me ) gets annoyed

What else could be affecting this.
    . Run with Symantec Security Software (Norton) running.

Any Work Around:
    . I do close out and use Chrome. Yet I don't like Chrome and it is not "currently" running with the extra Symantec Security Software (Norton) protection features turned on.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');