• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnuba Wax ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnuba Wax ?

Guys,

Just wondering which of these two Meguiar's Carnuba waxes are better, Gold Class or M26 Yellow Wax? I love the look of this
    wax and if there's something better, I'd love to hear about it...

Thanks,
    Wig

Re: Carnuba Wax ?

They are both good, just different strengths and weaknesses. Do a test with 1/2 the car coated in M26 & the other coated in Gold Class and see which one behaves in the way you most want it to
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I was wondering the same about this and UW I'll try doing this as well next time I wax
      http://i65.tinypic.com/2w3dyte.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wig View Post
        Guys,

Just wondering which of these two Meguiar's Carnuba waxes are better, Gold Class or M26 Yellow Wax? I love the look of this
        wax and if there's something better, I'd love to hear about it...

Thanks,
        Wig
        It's been stated that M26 has the highest D.O.I (Distinction of Image) of any wax. It's not necessarily about which is better.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

M26 if you have plastics, thank me later when you see why

Comment

In most situations I prefer M26.

Comment

I'd used Gold Class for a couple of years before going to DAMF/Detailer. If I went back, I'd use M26 instead, because GC is loaded with polish and oils, and since I like a polish step, GC is overkill. It's also very hard to remove and buff. M26 is almost identical to GC in many ways, but has little or no polish, as I understand it via Mr. Stoops' posts - correct me if I'm wrong. So, to me, M26 is meant to fit into a muti-step process, such as M10x, M205, M26. GC is a polish-wax, possibly equivalent to mixing a non-abrasive D302 polish and other oils in with M26, like 2-to-1, which would be better for someone doing a single step re-waxing, say a show car or non-DD application that doesn't need a full correction.
              Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
              4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
              First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Am I right in saying that GC contains cleaners whereas M26 doesn't?
                Paul Marmarinos
                Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');