• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My tires ATE Hot Shine/High Gloss Tire Coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My tires ATE Hot Shine/High Gloss Tire Coating

My car came with BFG Radial T/As on it and today was the first day I had to really give them any attention. I scrubbed them twice with Hot Rims All Wheel & Tire Cleaner until the suds ran white. Then once they were dry, I started spraying the HSHG Tire Coating on them and it seemed that as soon as the spray hit the tire it was immediately absorbed INTO the tire. So much so that it took nearly 3/4 can do spray all 4 tires to where it wasn't soaking it up anymore.

I wiped off the excess and the tire looked a bit blotchy, but now several hours later, they have an even matte "brand new tire" clean look to them.

All in all, I'm happy with the look, I was just wondering if anyone else had tires "eat" dressing like this before?
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Re: My tires ATE Hot Shine/High Gloss Tire Coating

It can happen if the tires are dry. You should get yourself a tire gel. It will last you longer than that can as well as avoiding overspray.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Re: My tires ATE Hot Shine/High Gloss Tire Coating

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      It can happen if the tires are dry. You should get yourself a tire gel. It will last you longer than that can as well as avoiding overspray.

I was wondering if that was the case. I've never used a gel before, but I have used some VERY thick sprays and wasn't too impressed. Too much sling (even with wiping the excess) and blotchy, uneven appearance. I was curious to know that if once I get the tire "rehydrated" (since I won't be using anything as strong as the Hot Wheels Cleaner), just car wash soap in the future on the tires. Will I still have to use as much of the aerosol dressing when I redress the tires? Did I mentioned I REALLY liked the matte/natural look of the High Gloss Coating?
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');