• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why use ColorX instead of White Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why use ColorX instead of White Wax?

Tried to find an answer here but unsuccessful -

What are the advantages of using ColorX instead of White Wax? Does it differ based on application technique? Or is White Wax simply superior in every way?

Could you use White Wax or ColorX routinely on a new car (like once of month) or would that hurt the paint?

Re: Why use ColorX instead of White Wax?

Yeah... I would say White Wax is a solid replacement for ColorX, although I didn't check prices. Really no where it wouldn't be same or better.

Using a cleaner/wax regularly, or cleaner/wax plus wax is a great regular detail. Clay first of course.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      Yeah... I would say White Wax is a solid replacement for ColorX, although I didn't check prices. Really no where it wouldn't be same or better.

Using a cleaner/wax regularly, or cleaner/wax plus wax is a great regular detail. Clay first of course.
      I shouldn't have to clay every detail, right?

Is there a special way I should apply White Wax to get maximum swirl removal? Should apply in the straight lines or in circles? Apply a lot of pressure? I'd be doing this by hand.

Comment

Have you looked at Meguiar's newest all in one product: Mirror Bright Polishing Wax ? It would give you a really long protection period, similar to Ultimate Wax. Its aggressiveness is between Black Wax and White Wax.

It depends. If claying is needed than it's better to do it. Test on vehicle's hood if you feel bumps on it, which are bonded contaminants. Claying will remove those above surface contaminants, leave surface smooth as glass and ensure stronger bonding of protection product (wax/sealant) to paint surface.

Is there a special way I should apply White Wax to get maximum swirl removal? Should apply in the straight lines or in circles? Apply a lot of pressure? I'd be doing this by hand.

For defect removal you need to apply down pressure as you will be removing some top layer of paint/clear coat. Use circular motion with 50% overlapping passes and work on small area (like 2' x 2'). Some more serious defects may require a more aggressive product to be successfully removed, like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound.

Comment

You shouldnt have to clay or use an iron remover every time, but never know what can happen. It could be needed the next day if you park in an unlucky spot.

If you are using it for a regular detail, just some pressure with a foam applicator pad will be good.

If we are really talking defects here, you might want to look at another product, like the Ult. Compound. Defects arent easy to remove by hand....
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You'd want to use ColorX in a situation where you don't need so much abrading power. White Wax has the ability to really do some good correction.

Personally I prefer the user experience offered by ColorX. The Color is of a more liquid conststency, and is easier to dispense on to the buffing pad, or hand applicator. If I require more abrading power, I prefer M66 Quick Detailer.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');