• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax and Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax and Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Good day to you.

Question 1: May I know what's the difference between these 2 products in term of its content?

Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax

Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

Question 2: Can I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax in a car wash without rinsing?

Question 3: Are both products similar except that "Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere" is diluted / mix with water while "Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax" is not.

Thank.

Re: Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax and Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere

No, they are very different products. UWW is a shampoo-like bucket wash product with a bit of carnauba, and UWWA is a "waterless" wash spray product. I do not believe it's a dilution of any other product, but Detailer D115 is a concentrated version of UWWA you can buy in bulk and dilute to match UWWA.
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Top Gear View Post
      No, they are very different products. UWW is a shampoo-like bucket wash product with a bit of carnauba, and UWWA is a "waterless" wash spray product.
      Correct. These are different products with very different methods of application. No you cannot use G17748 Ultimate Wash & Wax without rinsing. It is designed to be used as a traditional wash diluted in a bucket with water and requiring you dry the vehicle after rinsing.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
        Correct. These are different products with very different methods of application. No you cannot use G17748 Ultimate Wash & Wax without rinsing. It is designed to be used as a traditional wash diluted in a bucket with water and requiring you dry the vehicle after rinsing.
        Just out of curiosity, what are the side effects if I don't rinse my car but just purely wipe it dry? Will white residue form whhx looks ugly but will not cause any damage to the car body paint?

Thanks.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention UWWA also has a bit of carnauba, but yes, they are just used differently. I use UWW (or GC Shampoo) for a traditional wash, after which I rinse and dry with a leaf blower. It's a lot of work best saved for when I really need it. I use UWWA "on the fly", on a daily basis, by spraying it on and wiping it off with a Supreme Shine rag/towel. I can use UWWA anywhere, and fairly quickly.

You'll get use to what works as you use these products, but I would not avoid rinsing UWW off, nor would I use water with UWWA, because if I'm going to use water, I might as well be doing a full wash. I hope that helps??
          Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
          4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
          First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');