• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody familiar with the Harbor Freight DA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody familiar with the Harbor Freight DA?

Originally posted by BillyJack View Post
    There's been a lot of discussion of the HF DA on other forums. Basically it's a decent machine for the cost, with adequate power. Weak points noted are that the grease used in the gear drive is poor quality and an insufficient amount and the backing plate is worthless. If you already have an assortment of 4" pads for your D/A system, you can get a Meguiar's matching backing plate and use them. As with most other HF stuff, you get what you pay for. It's a usable machine, but far short of the premium polishers. Try and stay with smaller, thinner pads, like the Meguiar's 5 inch discs for best results.

Bill
    I have to disagree with that statement. I just bought the meguiars 6" backing plate and to me it looks like the exact same plate the harbor freight da already comes with, just a different color.

I also have to disagree with the "you get what you pay for" statement when it comes to harbor freight. As an owner of many harbor freight tools and a guy who uses a lot of different power tools for a living, I can say confidently and with certainty that harbor freight has some tools of the same or better quality as name brands for a lot less money. I know they have some cheap junk also but everything Ive bought from them has been great with the only exception being the band saw.

Comment

Re: Anybody familiar with the Harbor Freight DA?

Have the buffer and the DA.
      One year strong, so far.
      Can't say enough good things about these two machines.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');