• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Wax on a New-ish Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wax on a New-ish Car

Hey all, I'm having a hard time figuring out how I want to baby my 2015 Mazda 3 in white. Here's the 411:

- It lives outside
    - Daily driver
    - Pretty good paint condition
    - Few light swirls; nothing major
    - Not looking for show car finish
    - Looking to get good shine while protecting it

I recently purchased a Harbor Freight DA and some Buff and Shine polishing pads (green). My first thought is to warm up to machine polishing by using White Wax (already in my arsenal) so I can clean, lightly polish, and protect all in one step.

- Wash/Dry
    - Clay
    - Apply WW
    - Speed 3-4
    - Polishing pad
    - Apply either UQW or ULW

My concern is if it's the appropriate choice for the condition of my paint. What worries me is that the WW is categorized as a "medium/strong" wax. I'm not sure if I'll be overdoing it or it's just right.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you!

Re: White Wax on a New-ish Car

Dailer Driver/ Stored Outside- perfect candidate for White Wax. I have never used the product but I have read it is quite close to D151 which I have used and used more than a gallon of.

The green B&S pad will pair well with WW. Mazda paint is all over the place regarding how it responds to product/ pad combinations so several test spots with different technique to find what the paint likes. I don't know if you have other pad choices available, that's why I said do several spots with different technique (pressure, arm speed, machine speed, etc...)

I believe WW is a carnauba/ polymer blend... so it isn't really a wax nor a sealant. I would top with D156 or UQW... these 2 products are just too easy to use and provide awesome protection. Professionally, I have used many quick waxes or spray polymer products and D156 is my choice. Consistent application, no streaks, great looks, and solid protection.

If you keep to the 5.5" pad choice on the HF D/A... it is a really great tool for the enthusiast at the price point.

Best of luck,
    -Gabe

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');