• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which compound/polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which compound/polish

Hey guys. Ive watched the videos and read articles but i want to hear your experience on these products.

At work i use whatever the company buys which is usually 3m or gleam or some other brand. Im starting side work soon. 3m works but i cant afford it and im a huge fan of meguiars.

Ill be doing wet sanding to remove scratches and a wool pad with a rotary. However im not sure how well the m100 m101 or m105 perform for this.

Im making an educated guess that m100 would work. Followed by m205 with a medium cut pad followed by glaze with a soft pad.

But i also see m85. Would it work better to follow m100 with m85 and then 205 ans then glaze?

Last question, how well does m100 work with a heavy cut foam pad vs wool for 2000 grit scratches?

Much appreciated guys!

Re: Which compound/polish

I am in a similar situation, but slightly different. At my work I can't order M105/M205 (yet, they say we will in a couple months), my best bet is using the Diamond Cut 2.0 M85 that we still have in the shop (I can't order it anymore since my work is trying to phase it out). M85 does a decent job, but as shown in a Meguiar's Asia Youtube video just doesn't compare to M105 for removing wet sanding marks. I know M100 was specifically formulated for the wool pad/rotary combo so that might also be something to consider. I am actually looking to get away from the rotary and use the DA more for correction so I just recently picked up a gallon of M105 today, I am looking forward to putting it to good use. Last but not least I have heard great things about M101, but I can only find it in 32oz bottles (and a bit $$$) state side making it not as ideal for commercial jobs (bulk).

Comment

Re: Which compound/polish

The bulk argument could be the deciding factor in a shop setting, but for me, using a DAMF setup, M101 is a dream. M10x, UC, D300, and others will all remove sanding marks/haze, but the question for me was spot-correction on hard paint, and that led me to go for the maximum available cut from Meguiar's, M101.
      Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
      4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
      First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');