• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

markers are still visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markers are still visible

hi to all. i m Mario from Malta. recently, i sprayed my 1991 mitsubishi strada with debeer paint (basecoat plus three coats clear). in order to remove the orange peel, i sanded it down with 1500 followed by 2500 and finished it with 3000. then i started the polishing process with M105 with W5000 wool pad, followed by M82 with W8000 soft pad. the end result is very glossy but markers are still visible. in my humble opinion, some 1500 grid marks.

can someone guide me re the best way forward?

thanks to all

Re: markers are still visible

Welcome to MOL Mario!

Did you sand by hand or machine? If you sanded by hand, it's easiest to tell what grade of sanding mark is still visible if you sand in different directions with each lighter sanding grit you use. That way if marks remain you can determine which level of mark remains.

Do you have pics you can upload here to better see what you're working with?

Comment

If the defects are 1500...you have to drop back to 2500 to get them out.

M105 should crush 2500 grit sanding marks.

Comment

very much thanks for your help re this matter.

i will try to refine more with the 2500 grit. but i had the impression that the m105 ultra cut is capacble of removing 1200 grit marks.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ellulm/Desktop/L200/strada%20project/IMG_20160223_171731.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

can you kindly explain how can i add pics of my project to this forum?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');