• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#21 Sealant / M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #21 Sealant / M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer

Hi Guys,

In some weeks my new 2016 VW Polo GTI will be mine :-). outside Color silver.

Before i drive some BMW models and i used the professional polish line and with a finish coat #16. the result was already great.

well,...for my new car, the VW Polo i would like to use first time the #21 Sealant with #135 Detailer. I had never used before Sealant from MirrorGlaze Line and i have some
    question about the compability.

First, before i apply the #21 Sealant i must protect the rubber door seals and plastik parts. Otherwise the ruber will be white. it's that correct?

I prefere to apply 2 coats of #21.

The car will be use for daily drive and i planed to wash the car 1time a week and protect with #135 Detailer.
    If i apply the #135 its recommended to protect the rubber/plastik or not?

I ask why because I do not want any white patches in the door seals and plastic parts. If #135 dont leave any white patches on doorseals and plastic parts, then i think
    i have the perfect combination.

Some fanatic car guys apply #16 over the #21 Sealant. its that i good idea and how works the #135 Detailer over the #16 wax?

best regards
    Zoran

Re: #21 Sealant / M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer

Welcome to MOL.

Congrats on the new car.

Answers to some of your questions.

1. Yes to M21 turning your trim white if you leave it on and it dries. If you get some on the trim wipe it off right away. It helps to tape of the trim to help avoid that.

2. 2 coats of M21 is fine. Meguiar's recommends two coats for even coverage.

3. M135 can be used on any surface. It will not stain trim. It does offer a little more protection. Have you considered going with D156 spray wax instead as your maintenance product? It will be more durable than M135. Both are great.

4. Topping a sealant with a wax is optional and personal preference. Just be sure to let M21 cure for 12 hours prior to applying a wax over it. M21 looks great as a stand alone on silver. Try both options and see which you like best. M135 can be used over either product.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      Welcome to MOL.

Congrats on the new car.

Answers to some of your questions.

1. Yes to M21 turning your trim white if you leave it on and it dries. If you get some on the trim wipe it off right away. It helps to tape of the trim to help avoid that.

2. 2 coats of M21 is fine. Meguiar's recommends two coats for even coverage.

3. M135 can be used on any surface. It will not stain trim. It does offer a little more protection. Have you considered going with D156 spray wax instead as your maintenance product? It will be more durable than M135. Both are great.

4. Topping a sealant with a wax is optional and personal preference. Just be sure to let M21 cure for 12 hours prior to applying a wax over it. M21 looks great as a stand alone on silver. Try both options and see which you like best. M135 can be used over either product.

Thanks Guz for your fast response.

my new car will stay 1month in garage (prepare the surface before driving, tire gloss, wheel protection and more)
      1. after each step of M21 i give the surface 2-3 days holiday.
      2. D156 its very interessting product and i ordered today M21, D156, M135 and my favorite product LTD for quick cleaning and refresh the paint without water.

i will post end of march some picture so that the other forum members can see the different beetwen before and after.

best regards
      Zoran

Comment

Hi Zoran, and welcome to MOL!

Look forward to seeing the pics of your Polo GTI!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');