• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durability Question -- Which has more -- Ultimate Quick Wax or Wash and Wax Anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durability Question -- Which has more -- Ultimate Quick Wax or Wash and Wax Anywhere?

Briefly...Went to the Coin-Op. Got the BIG stuff off. Drove home truck and it pretty much dried on the way. Car wash scum was left on the truck. (I knew this would happen.) Used Wash and Wax Anywhere to remove soap scum. Applied a second application of Wash and Wax Anywhere to remove a few remaining "wax" streaks. Would I have been better off to have used Ultimate Quick Wax for the second application? I know the both products have limited durability, but which has more? I applied Ultimate Wax to the truck a couple of months ago and it still is in good shape.

Re: Durability Question -- Which has more -- Ultimate Quick Wax or Wash and Wax Anywh

Depends. I sometimes follow UWWA with Gold Class QW, but sometimes on more humid days, this is too much, and I get "wipe holograms". I try to remember to use them separately, such as UWWA for regular cleaning and mild wax boosting, and GCQW for re-waxing after a bucket wash when the paint is super-clean.
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');