• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ferrari 275 GTB Correction Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari 275 GTB Correction Detail

Hey Meguiar's, one of my clients wanted us to perform a Correction Detail to remove swirl marks and other paint defects in this Ferrari 275 GTB while the car was being restored.

Upon Arrival:

Correction Process:

Flex XC3401 Speed 4-5

Menz Super Intensive Polish/Meg's Maroon Cutting Pad

Menz Power Finish/Blue Polishing Pad

Menz Powerlock Sealant

Before Swirl Marks

After: Swirls Marks and Scratches Removed

Final Results:

Presented at local cars shows and at Concorso Italiano

Hope you enjoyed our post! Thanks again guys. Happy Detailing...
    -Ryan Woodlee
    Magic Detailings
    www.FerrariDetail.com
    Bay Area, Ca

Re: Ferrari 275 GTB Correction Detail

Wow, what a beauty! Great work.

The owner must have been quite fussy to get you to detail it while it was still being restored!
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Great car and great work!

Comment

Wow!!!!

Please, don't take this as a knock, but I have a question about this kind of ridiculously good looking detailing versus the authenticity of a restoration...

I just read an article in a Mustang magazine that discusses the high end detailing that people have done to their vintage Mustangs, and judges are now starting to take points off when a car's paint looks as good as you made that Ferrari look. The judges are now looking for the authentic factory orange peal in the paint. It seems crazy to me, as hands down, a cut and buffed car just looks so much better and I love getting lost in the paint!!!

So, does the same apply when you show a high end car like that Ferrari?

Again, WOW!!! Magnificent!
        2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Yes, you are correct. Judges, even Ferrari judges, are mentioning the cars are being over-restored, however an owner should not lose any points due to "over-restoration". The goal of the car show judging is to see if the owner is preserving the car. Ferrari would have built the cars this well if they had the technology, so the question is why knock off points for better technical advances? We can't do a worse job at detailing and restoring cars, because that doesn't make sense. It will always be an argument that 'the cars didn't look this good when they were new" but restoration is expensive so owners want the quality. Quality restorations and detailing will help owners get the most return on investment when they eventually sell the cars, so that's where I want to help.

Great question and thank you for your comment! Happy Detailing!
          -Ryan Woodlee
          Magic Detailings
          www.FerrariDetail.com
          Bay Area, Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Detailings View Post
            Yes, you are correct. Judges, even Ferrari judges, are mentioning the cars are being over-restored, however an owner should not lose any points due to "over-restoration". The goal of the car show judging is to see if the owner is preserving the car. Ferrari would have built the cars this well if they had the technology, so the question is why knock off points for better technical advances? We can't do a worse job at detailing and restoring cars, because that doesn't make sense. It will always be an argument that 'the cars didn't look this good when they were new" but restoration is expensive so owners want the quality. Quality restorations and detailing will help owners get the most return on investment when they eventually sell the cars, so that's where I want to help.

Great question and thank you for your comment! Happy Detailing!
            I agree with you! I'd rather have a better looking car than a "correct" car myself!
            One argument in that article was that the paint correction erases the paint defects (the dust or bug that got stuck in the paint) that come from repaints in less than perfect environments. Personally though, I'd rather be staring into that deep paint of the Ferrari you made so damn beautiful!

Comment

A quick question for you again!
              So the car isn't assembled, so how do you decontaminate the surface of dust and stuff before you start working the paint?

Comment

Originally posted by GLOCKer View Post
                A quick question for you again!
                So the car isn't assembled, so how do you decontaminate the surface of dust and stuff before you start working the paint?
                First, quick wipe down with Detailer Spray to clear off the dust. Then, you complete all of your polishing as they are assembling the car. Once everything is assembled, you wash the car and make sure to be careful not to scratch the paint and do your final wipe down and cleaning. Another way, complete your compounding stages and then wash the car. Once you dry the car, you can complete your finishing polish stage and apply your protection.
                -Ryan Woodlee
                Magic Detailings
                www.FerrariDetail.com
                Bay Area, Ca

Comment

That is a beautiful job. How many hours did you put into it? How much do you estimate it cost you? Materials? Just wondering for discussions sake.

Had a neighbor who redid Corvettes. The really old ones. He'd win at shows. He even found the original tires. No steel belted radials.
                  Another friend who loved Ferrari's. He had the money. But too budget minded. Shall I say; cheap? So he redid Corvairs. He had lots of fun with them too.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');