• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product Decisions (Recommendations for Use...too Many Options)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Decisions (Recommendations for Use...too Many Options)??

So I know experience and personal preference after some use really plays into this, but trying to figure the overall general, big picture use for a couple of products. For example, D110 vs D111...which one when and where? Why? Same for D101 vs 108? That one I kinda get in that the 108 is advertised as a heavier degreaser, but I'll still take some inputs. When would you use D160 vs D170? I'm currently using 170 for tires and have a separate bottle diluted a little softer for wheel wells and such.

And maybe on a similar note, two other recommendations...what's your favorite tire cleaner and carpet cleaner?

Carpets is probably my weakest area and least enjoyable, so I'm struggling with that one.

Thanks for the help guys.

Re: Product Decisions (Recommendations for Use...too Many Options)??

Following - kind of had the same feel with the array of products. I tried using the Product Advisor on the Meguiar's website, but it didn't really seem too comprehensive or didn't go into too much detail as to why/when to use certain products vs another.
    Owner and Operator,
    Twin Cities Detailing
    Serving the entire Minneapolis St Paul metro

Comment

D110 Hyper Wash - Is a soap that leaves nothing behind and contains no gloss enhancers. It has a 400:1 dilution ratio which makes it very economical.

D111 Shampoo Plus - contains gloss enhancers. It has a dilution ratio of 1 oz/gal. In my opinion it resembles Gold Glass car shampoo.

D101 is good to have. It's a very good APC which can be used pretty much anywhere. This is multi purpose. Should be in your collection.

D108 is optional. It does a good job as well. It can be used as a tire cleaner but it has to be used at 4:1 for it to be effective as a tire cleaner.

D170 or D160 can be used for tires or wheel wells. D170 would be more cost effective as it can be diluted.

D143 is a great wheel and tire cleaner. It does both jobs very well.

The only carpet cleaner I have used is D102. D106 and D116 are also available for different stains. There are quite a few that use Folex.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I agree with what The Guz recommended.
        Unless cleaning the engine compartment is part of your maintenance routine, you could probably be ok with just D101 APC. You can always mix up a batch at 4:1 if you need to..

I strongly recommend getting D143. It's become my favorite tire cleaner. Plus it does a great job to maintain your wheels clean too.

You could most definitely use D101@10:1 to clean carpets. Just spray, brush, then wipe up with terry towels. It's able to handle about 90% of what you'll run into.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');