• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exterior Steamcleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Steamcleaning

With the winter now rolling in the Northeast, I've seen a lot of talk regarding using a steam cleaner on the exterior of the vehicle.

My question is, at 335 degrees, and 175 psi, are you also removing the protection on the vehicle?

Thoughts

Re: Exterior Steamcleaning

I wouldn't touch the paint with a steam cleaner.

Comment

I wouldn't touch the paint with a steam cleaner.

Comment

*Facepalm.... using an iPad and hit back. it showed that I did not reply then posted twice.

Comment

I'm gonna throw another question into the mix......what about steam cleaning the wheel wells?

Comment

I'm not sure if that would be as effective as pressure washing but it might work.

Comment

Originally posted by briarpatch View Post
              I'm gonna throw another question into the mix......what about steam cleaning the wheel wells?
              Wheels and wheel wells...works for me.

Merlin - A Miracle Detailing

YouTube - Facebook - - Instagram

Comment

Wow. Looks like I'm gonna have to invest in a steam cleaner if they are that useful. What else do you use it for?

Comment

Don't rush to buy a steam cleaner. Of all the detailing products I have purchased in the last 2 years I can tell you that the steam cleaner I bought is the least effective product to date. As far as I am concerned all it does is make a wet dirty mess. I have tried it on wheels, wheels wells, engines, mud flaps and on the interior. Spend your money elsewhere.

if you simply want to clean the exterior paint in the winter go with a rinseless/waterless wash. I wash my car in the garage all the time. As for the wheel wells I would get a good fender brush and an all purpose cleaner. Both of these options together are cheaper than a steamer and work much better.

i wish I could get my money back on the steamer.

Comment

Originally posted by WT Taggart View Post
                    With the winter now rolling in the Northeast, I've seen a lot of talk regarding using a steam cleaner on the exterior of the vehicle.

My question is, at 335 degrees, and 175 psi, are you also removing the protection on the vehicle?

Thoughts
                    My big question with steam cleaning in cold weather: Lots of people including Leno swear by steam cleaning exterior(in his California garage). How does this work when steam hits frigid metal and glass?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');