• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 GMC Savana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 GMC Savana

This is the last detail for 2015. The owner is my uncle. He had me detail this one after seeing how the Camaro came out that I did for him a couple weeks ago. That thread is here

We encourage MOL members to show off their latest before & after results. We also welcome "Work in Progress" Threads. For Enthusiasts or Professional Detailers

This was an all in one job. I didn't take too many photos. The paint is light in color and it hides defects fairly well.

Started off with a simple wash. I broke it up into section as this thing is large.

Clayed it. The surface was very rough. I saw M34 turning brownish in color as I was claying. That is how much contaminants the clay bar was pulling out. Here's an example.

Once that was done, it was time to clean the paint. I chose to go with Meguiar's white wax. I used it with my MT300 at 5800 OPM's and used it with a Meguiar's burgundy foam cutting disc. Followed this write up.

Before

After. Not perfect but much better.

Some various after shots. I did follow up with a D156 final wipedown.

Corrected the headlights as well. Used Meguiar's sanding disc 1000 and 3000. Compounded with M100 on a 3" Meguiar's Microfiber cutting disc and polished with M205 on a 3" Lake Country Hydro Tech foam polishing pad. They were wiped down with CarPro eraser and seealed with Opti-Lens.

My uncle was very pleased with how it came out. He was enjoying the slickness of the paint as well as what was done to the interior.

Interior:

Vacuumed, Meguiar's Odor Eliminator on carpet and cloth seats
    Rubber Floor mats cleaned with D103 APC+
    Rubber and plastics cleaned with D103 APC+, Dressed with Meguiar's New Car Scent Protectant
    Leather on seats cleaned with D103 APC+, dressed with D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
    Glass cleaned with D120

Exterior:

Wash: Adams Foam Gun, Adams Car Shampoo

Paint Decon: Meguiar's M34, Clay Magic clay bar

Correction/Protection: Meguiar's White Wax + Meguiar's burgundy foam cutting disc, final wipe down with D156 spray wax

Trim: Cleaned with Meguiar's D103 APC+, Dressed with Meguiar's Ultimate Black New Version (lotion version)

Bumpers and running boards: Meguiar's Fine Cut Metal Polish, Sealed with Wolfgang Metal Sealant

Tires: Cleaned with Meguiar's D108 at 4:1, Meguiar's Ultimate Black Tire Coating

Wheels: Cleaned with Meguiar's D143 at 2:1, protected with Adams Quick Sealant

Glass: Front - Clay, Detailer's Pro Glass Restorer Polish, Detailer's Pro Coating Prep Polish, Detailer's Pro Glass Coating, Sides & rear - clay, rain-x

Headlights: Meguiar's sanding discs (1000 & 3000), Meguiar's M100 + 3" Meguiar's microfiber cutting disc, Meguiar's M205 + 3" Lake Country Hydro Tech polishing pad, CarPro Eraser, Opti-Lens
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: 2005 GMC Savana

Great job again. Nice job on the headlights!
    2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
    2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
    2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Thanks.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Guz excellent work as always!

Comment