• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nasty Gas Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Gas Smell

I was inside the house while I was letting my 2010 F150 warm up the other day. Needless to say a fuel line ruptured and sprayed about 5 gallons of gas throughout the engine compartment, all while the fan for the heater was on high. Needless to say there is a pungent aroma of gasoline which is fairly nauseating and delivers a pretty intense headache. Wondering if there is anyone with a suggestion to get the smell out. Is there any chance of interior damage. (other than the smell). I have not been able to leave the windows down since we have had 8 inches of rain since Christmas and the truck is now in the shop. ETA on return is Thursday, (fuel line broke last Wednesday).

Re: Nasty Gas Smell

You're lucky nothing caught on fire!

I would suggest cleaning the engine bay really well. Use APC and brushes to clean the bay and really hose it down. Be careful around some components like airfilters, etc with water.

It may take a couple rounds to get the smell out completely, but this would be my suggestion.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');