• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Detailer Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Detailer Line

I just started picking up a bunch of details to do, and now have a list to continue through next month.

Up until now, I have been using Meguiar's consumer line products from Auto Zone and Walmart. Excellent products, but from I have heard from you guys, I can save a bit of money by now utilizing Megs Detailer's line. Before I start buying some, I had a few questions about some of the Line's products.

I have loved the effectiveness and versatility of the Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner. When looking at the Detailer's line, which Wheel Cleaner D140 or D143 would most match the the Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner?

And as for an Interior/ Exterior Protectant, would the Hyper Dressing D170 or Megs #40 be the better choice.

Thanks for all of the help you all have provided throughout these past few weeks everyone. You have helped out tremendously, and hopefully as I gain more experience and knowledge here, I may be able to start developing a plan and clients for a mini business.

Take care!

Ray

Re: New to Detailer Line

D143 would be close to Hot Rims All Wheel & tire Cleaner. The benefit is that it can be diluted which is more cost effective. Be sure to follow the directions on which wheels it is safe for. Great tire cleaner as well.

For the interior I would recommend D149 Quik Interior Detailer. It's a gallon of it. More cost effective than buying the smaller bottles.

I'm not a user of hyper dressing but it seems to be a forum favorite for trim and tires.

Other products I would recommend are:
    D101. APC is a must have.
    D156 is another must have. It's the bulk version of ultimate quik wax.
    D155 if you are doing a lot of claying. Can also be used as a quick detailer.
    D110 Hyper Wash or D111 Shampoo Plus. My personal favorite is Hyper Wash.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks Michael,

Those are ALL products I would definitely need and use for sure! Thank you for encouraging the use of D143 and the Quick Interior Detailer as well. This is actually getting me even more excited to do cars now.

Have a good one man!

Ray

Comment

D101 APC is a must have. As far as "protectants" go, stick to the ones you already have for now. -Supreme Shine, Natural Shine, Ultimate Protectant, New Car Scent, etc.

Hyper Dressing and M40 aren't really protectants in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by willowcatfish View Post
          And as for an Interior/ Exterior Protectant, would the Hyper Dressing D170 or Megs #40 be the better choice.
          I don't use either of these products for interior use at all. M40 doesn't exactly smell the best for interior use, and D170 is a bit greasy on the interior IMO. I have done some testing with it though.
          What I do use D170 for is wheel wells and engine bays when I am trying to quickly finish something. It has turned into my defacto wheel well dressing. It also works decently as a tire dressing when in a bind, but is far from my go to for that.

I agree with Eldorado2k. Use the other dressings you have for interior.

I would also suggest D180 for leather conditioner. It works great and is very cost effective. It can also be used and a general interior dressing as well.

Comment

As always, thank you guys! And Dasburninator, Beautifully done Engine Bays!

Ray

Comment

Merry Christmas to ALL and to me as well! I just received my first ever gallon of Megs APC in the mail today! Totally excited, I've heard sooo many great things about this product on this forum and all the other detail forums. I've also heard sooo many uses for it that I can't remember. So tomorrow I'm testing it out as I finally have found some time to detail my own car. And it's still pretty dirty from the previous owner.

I noticed it has two dilutions listed on the back of the gallon. Are these the Most Widely used dilutions you all use for most of your detailing surfaces or should there be more that I know for different situations?

Hope all your Christmas' are going well and that each of your Family's are Blessed!

Ray

Comment

I pretty much only use it @10:1 for everything. Cleaning carpets, leather & vinyl interior, wheel wells, plastic trim, you can also clean rims & hubcaps with it. Clean the walls inside your house if you want.. There's endless uses for it.

That being said, you may find yourself going through 32oz. in no time. That's why I just mix it up by the gallon and then pour it into the bottle. If you're interested in doing it that way it's 116.5oz. of water/11.5oz. of APC concentrate.

Personally, if I need anything beyond APC @10:1 I just reach for D108 Super Degreaser @4:1. But you'd be surprised at how good APC @10:1 is.. Plus it's very economical. Give a gallon of it @10:1 to the lady of house, she'll love it. Lol.

Comment

TOTALLY helpful Eldorado2K! Really Stupid question, but the only reason I am asking it is, because it looked like it was a lot of product. But those 10:1 and 4:1 markers on the 32oz. bottle are how high we fill the water to before adding the product right? From now on, I will just mix a gallon like you did.

Would APC be something I could but in a LGM?

I just started cleaning the house today with it . LOVE IT! Bye Bye simple green!

Adios!

Ray

Comment

Yea you fill up to the line with water then top it off with concentrate. For a 32oz. bottle its only 3oz. of APC concentrate.

What's an LGM?

Comment

Sorry, I thought that's what it's called. LGM---"Little Green Machine". It's a small Bissell water extractor.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');