• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ULW product separation issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULW product separation issue

Hi. I've been more than impressed with ultimate liquid wax. Love it. I bought a bottle for the first time in July and used it for a few applications. I had about half the bottle left and pulled it out last night to do a detail and found the product to be super thin and runny. It sounded like water in the bottle when I shook it. When I poured it out, it came out like water. The product had completely separated into an almost clear two-part liquid. It actually looks about identical to a bottle of oil and vinegar salad dressing. I attempted to shake it back to normal but nothing happened. It can not be used as-is. Is this normal for this product? It's been stored the entire time at 72 degrees in a kitchen cupboard. Any advice for me? Thanks!

Re: ULW product separation issue

Like this eh? one on left about 2 years (I think) and one on right opened this year.
    Use it on your counters or shower walls because apparently it is a common hit or miss problem.
    Makes me upset after also getting a bottle of M205 that had the runs in the past.

Believe me, I try to stay positive.

Comment

The M205 could have been a shipping problem(freezing) but Amazon prime in two days shouldn't have been a problem.
      I returned it and ordered from Autogeek and it was fine. Now Autogeeks shipping speed is not the quickest so the freezing theory doesn't have too much merit.

What gets me is it just turned like food that spoiled.
      I rubbed it into the table in the pic, buffed it out and it actually seemed to work like the ULW I love.

Comment

Yes! Exactly like that! I bought mine locally at Walmart and I'm certain it hasn't frozen since I've had it. I bought it this summer and stored it indoors. Perhaps it was sitting on the shelf for too long? Beats me. I would think Wally would move some of this product in a town this size.
        Obviously I don't still have the receipt or I'd run it back out there.

Originally posted by Spazzz View Post
        Like this eh? one on left about 2 years (I think) and one on right opened this year.
        Use it on your counters or shower walls because apparently it is a common hit or miss problem.
        Makes me upset after also getting a bottle of M205 that had the runs in the past.

Believe me, I try to stay positive.

Comment

Thank you for reporting this. Yes, definitely not the correct consistency. Please give our Customer Care Center a call at (800) 347-5700.
          Brian Hann
          Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
          Meguiar's Inc.
          Irvine, California
          bhann@meguiars.com
          (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');