• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA power system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA power system

Hello all,

After using my hand to polish and wax my car, I'm making the move to a DA polisher.

I came across the DA power system and like the affordability it. I did look at getting a proper DA polisher but the cost of the pads, different sized backing plates and products + my car has fiddly curves means a smaller more compact unit is better. I'm not really bothered on the fact that its slower since i am used to hand polishing.

For those that have used it, is it fine to use for a whole car? Do you experience fatigue ? I have a very good quality high end electric drill.

My paint is silver but has some black embedded tinge in certain areas like the paints dirty or oxidised ever so slightly, will the polish step be enough, or should I compound first ?

Thank you all for the help

Re: DA power system

I just picked up a DA for $44.50 at Harbor Freight. If you shop carefully, You can pick it up for a cood proce and for what you'd spend on replacement pads for the DA Power System, you could buy the pads and backer plate for the Harbor Freight DA.

As for your paint, I would maybe try clay barring it first? Maybe try to pull the contamination from the paint first.
    2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by GLOCKer View Post
      I just picked up a DA for $44.50 at Harbor Freight. If you shop carefully, You can pick it up for a cood proce and for what you'd spend on replacement pads for the DA Power System, you could buy the pads and backer plate for the Harbor Freight DA.

As for your paint, I would maybe try clay barring it first? Maybe try to pull the contamination from the paint first.
      I live in Australia so don't have access to Harbor Freight. I can buy the DA system and 3 compounding/polishing pads for $100.
      Where as a cheapie DA polisher + pads will set me back close to $200.

I will be a strictly one time use so was leaning towards the DA Power system, but looking on advice on if its worth spending the extra money.

Comment

The only time I use my DA is to remove a blemish or fine scratch. It is a dandy fine tool for spot correction but I really don't think I could or would want to do a whole vehicle with one.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
          The only time I use my DA is to remove a blemish or fine scratch. It is a dandy fine tool for spot correction but I really don't think I could or would want to do a whole vehicle with one.
          I assume you are referring to the DA power system? I use a DA machine all the time for doing an entire car.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
            I assume you are referring to the DA power system? I use a DA machine all the time for doing an entire car.
            Of course. That IS what the OP was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
              Of course. That IS what the OP was referring to.
              That makes much more sense then. I wouldn't want to even attempt a whole car with the DAPS.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');