• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation needed

I need a recommendation for detailing my 2 sets of wheels. My rims are "Forged Aluminum Gloss White Wheels" & "Aluminum Grey" for the Fiat Abarth. keep in mind this is for personal use i dont have a detailing business.

Can anyone help me fill in the blanks below?

I'm currently using Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner & Endurance Tire Gel.

Can someone recommend a polish for both white and grey rims?
    Can someone recommend a wheel sealant for both white and grey rims? (i have an extra set for autocross etc)
    do white wheels even need a polish? maybe just a sealant? is a wax the same as a sealant? ive heard them used in the same discussions

thanks.

Re: Recommendation needed

I've been doing some reading about sealing wheels. It's tough to keep a product on wheels as they do see abuse. That said, I've seen it suggested to just apply whatever sealer you might be applying to your paint. As ULW is Meguiars longest lasting sealer, I just apply it to my wheels. How well it works, I really don't know. But I do it for peace of mind.

Comment

If the wheels are clear coated, you can treat them like paint.

Ultimate Quilk Wax is a nice way to seal wheels. You can hit the wheels after every wash. It will add protection and gloss. If you want something a little more durable then any sealant (NXT, ultimate wax or paint protect 365) would be fine.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

I use typical paint products on my wheels (Meg's Hyper Wash). I treat the paint as close to the same as on my car, although it is a little difficult due to the edges. I have white Work CR Kai's, the are a pain to keep white. I use a wheel brush (speed masters) to get at the barrels and spokes. I dry the normal way (air blaster master). I use a LSP (spray wax) to do my final wipe down. When the white is not "white", I break out the compound and muscles (even a 4 inch DA pad is too large for my twin 5-spoke design). PP365 every 6 months (wheels off to do barrels) and spraywax every weekly wash (wheels on)

I tried Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere to clean the wheels every 2 days but it was too much effort.

Comment

ok thanks for the recommendations!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');