• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Interior Protectant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Interior Protectant

I'm sure a thread like this pops up every once in a while, or maybe more than that, but I just wanted to see what your CURRENT Favorite Meguiars Interior Protectant to use is right now.

I know there is a number of them, and I personally have used and experimented with 4 of those over the past. Just to get started I know some of those are the Natural Shine, Supreme Shine, #40, Ultimate Interior Protectant, Ultimate Interior Detalier, or whatever other kinds that you guys might use.

And then to just mention what sort of journey or discovery lead you to choose your current favorite. Is it just the first one you ever tried and you just have stuck with it cause it works? Did you try one that was Too shiny at first, then one that was maybe too dull, so now you have found the PERFECT one that's in between those? Or are you really big on Durability and that's why you chose the one you have. I also know some that really like just a clean Matte type finish.

I think it would be really interesting to hear what has lead each person to their NEW Fav and why it is there Fav!

Thanks Everyone, and have a great day!

Ray

Re: Favorite Interior Protectant

I hadn't used a "protectant" in forever until my folks bought a new Kia and suddenly I became interested in Meguiars New Car Scent Protectant. I definitely wanted a product that would help preserve the interior but also not take away from the new car smell.

Its cool, looks great, smells great...

I wish it would last a little longer than it does. I also hope it's a smart choice in the long run as I've sort of put my trust in it, and it would break my heart if it wasn't the best choice to preserve this interior. It's not that I doubt the product, it's just that I hadn't normally used protectants like this in the past, I've always gone with leather cleaner & conditioner instead.
    Last edited by Eldorado2k; Dec 9, 2015, 11:38 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Being that New of a Car, I'm thinkin' any kind of little lovin' you give to it will be pretty good and help it in the long run. Thanks for sharing this Eldorado2K!

Ray

Comment

I use Natural Shine. (I don't like to alter the look, or make the interior too glossy).
        I am interested in trying the New Car Scent, but have not found it yet.
        I Never Use Signatures.

Comment

I use Natural Shine on my customers vehicles and everything comes out looking in factory condition but with a more pleasant smell in my opinion. I was tempted by the New Car Scent product but decided Natural Shine would benefit my customers circumstances more.

Comment

I ended up collecting a couple more of the Protectants today. I now have the Ultimate Protectant, Ultimate Interior Detailer, Natural Shine, and Supreme Shine.

When I detail my own 2001 CRV next week I will be comparing them up against each other. I tried a little sampling today, and as a few of you have said, I'm leaning more to the Natural Shine. It gives that Clean new car look to it. I used to be a big shine guy, but now I am starting to appreciate a nice clean look.

Comment

Yea I know what you mean about going from liking shine to appreciating just the clean nice look aka matte.^

Really deep cleaning my leather interior for the 1st time is when my eyes opened up and realized what a big difference there was..

@Aenygma. Since you say you don't really like the shiny look, you're probably better off sticking with the Megs Natural Shine that hou like, because the New Car Scent Protectant is more shiny than natural.

If the new car scent is what appeals to you, I recommend you check out Meguiars New Car Scent Odor Eliminator Air Freshener [fogging can] That thing works great and lasts quite a good while.

Comment

Eldorado2K,

I saw those Fogger's today at Auto Zone. Would they have any affect on the interior windows at all! I was a little worried I'd nice up a customers interior windows, and then kick that on they they would get some foggy stuff on them. I couldn't see Megs making a product that would do that though.

Comment

Nope not at all. Can't even tell anything took place. Just follow the directions as I've never placed 1 on top of the dashboard directly in front of it.

I always place it on top of the center console armrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                    I hadn't used a "protectant" in forever until my folks bought a new Kia and suddenly I became interested in Meguiars New Car Scent Protectant. I definitely wanted a product that would help preserve the interior but also not take away from the new car smell.

Its cool, looks great, smells great...

I wish it would last a little longer than it does. I also hope it's a smart choice in the long run as I've sort of put my trust in it, and it would break my heart if it wasn't the best choice to preserve this interior. It's not that I doubt the product, it's just that I hadn't normally used protectants like this in the past, I've always gone with leather cleaner & conditioner instead.
                    The interior looks really nice with that New Car Scent Protectant.

Comment

Man! I didn't realize that there were a couple of really in-depth threads on Interior Protectants in the Past. By the looks of it, I may have to add #40 to my stock as well.

Comment

Now that I have tested the 4 different kinds of Megs Interior Protectant that I have listed above. I'd have to say that I like having ALL the different ones here at home for different situations and different cars. I like them all. Right now, I'm favoring The Natural Shine Protectant look. But as my mood changes and stuff I can go with another one whenever I want.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');