• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlights (Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Liquid Wax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights (Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Liquid Wax)

Hey guys,

Can I get the same results restoring my headlights using Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Liquid Wax, rather than using the different Kits Megs sells. I just thought it could save a few bucks just using the products I already have.

Thank you and have a good day!

Ray

Re: Headlights (Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Liquid Wax)

Depends on how oxidized they are and if they need sanding or not.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks again man!

Take care!

Ray

Comment

Also, given your question about polish, use some on the headlight plastics (between your sanding or compounding and waxing steps), and you'll see a big difference
        Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
        4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
        First Correction | Gallery

Comment

The last time I polished my care with the DA and Ultimate Polish, I also used the DA with the UP on my Miata's plastic light covers since I hadn't taped the lights off. The DA with the UP did a good job of cleaning the oxidation of the lights. I continue to use Plast X to clean the lights by hand if I am not using my polishing my car with my DA.

Comment

You guys have been very helpful! Thank you for all your posts. I'm starting to get really excited about Detailing again!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');