• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PP vs Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PP vs Ultimate Wax

Trying to find some formal definition of the differences between these products, more along the lines of why you'd use one over the other. I want to keep my cars a long time (typically) and will use the best product to ensure the paint stays looking as new as possible. What I've seen here is more along the lines of bead-up when wet, how about UV/paint protection? TIA - Dan

btw, I know a car cover is best, but my cars, at times, must stay out in the SoCal sun uncovered.

Re: PP vs Ultimate Wax

Welcome to MOL.

A car cover is really not the best. Some can scratch the paint. Especially on a windy day.

The short answer to your question is that PP365 will last the longest out of these two. Both are synthetic and would fall into the sealant category. UW will give more of a glossy look if one does not prep the paint by polishing. Most of us agree that the preparation is the key prior to laying down protection. Both are excellent for daily drivers.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

I'd take issue with the car cover...been using them (appropriately) since to '70's to keep my cars cleaner and screening UV so the original paint lasts a long time - up to 27 years in one case! Looked close to new, too. I'm looking for a protective coat more than something looking nice. Of my three present cars, one has original factory color coat w/o clear coat (2007), one has factory metallic w/clear coat (2004) and the third has a lot of single-stage repaint (2004) - all were purchased used in their present condition. The first two I want to keep looking like new as they do now. The third I want to prolong the inevitable proper repaint. All are daily drivers. I keep them clean enough to keep a factory paint or proper repair/repaint looking great for many years, my biggest issue is the hot summer sun in SoCal. Each spends about half the time in a garage, I clay them every few years when needed and have waxed them quarterly or more often. Recently saw the PP and was considering giving it a try, but was curious if the wax product coating was more effective at paint protection than the PP product. It seems the PP is more a hydrophilic coating so the paint doesn't "wet". Doesn't rain here often, and I'm more interested in keeping the oxidation of the paint low than keeping water off. My prior waxing efforts seemed to do a good job of that without wearing through the clearcoat.

Comment

Either will give you the protection you're after.

The difference is PP365 will last longer.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Then I guess I'll have to pick some up & try it!! Thanks ~

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');