• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirlx & Clearcoat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirlx & Clearcoat

I've done some searches on Swirlx and been reading about it after buying it. had questions below if anyone could help please:

1. Will Swirlx remove any of the clearcoat?
    2. Should i then just save my swirlx applications for when the swirls are really heavy? (had my car for a year, so i could wait another year until they are heavy)
    3. X usages of this product will eventually take away all the clear coat? so what is X?

i have some swirls (because I got lazy and used the local car wash's brush instead of my mitt).

Re: Swirlx & Clearcoat

1. Yes but the amount is microscopic / negligable, especially if you're working by hand;
    2. That's up to you, but no reason not to try now;
    3. That's going to depend on many variables, but I'd estimate it to be in the thousands for factory paint, even more for re-painted surfaces.

Are you working by hand? Any pics of the swirls?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post

1. Yes but the amount is microscopic / negligable, especially if you're working by hand;
      2. That's up to you, but no reason not to try now;
      3. That's going to depend on many variables, but I'd estimate it to be in the thousands for factory paint, even more for re-painted surfaces.

Are you working by hand? Any pics of the swirls?
      I am working by hand. I'm on vacation and don't have any pics of the swirls. But if the amount of clearcoat removed is negligible or microscopic then I will go ahead and use it when i get back home.

Comment

Cool.

Just be aware that it's quite a mild polish, so it may not remove many of the swirls by hand. You might have to step it up to Ultimate Compound if SwirlX isn't strong enough.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Do i have to use this product "Professional Show Car Glaze #7"? If I'm using Swirlx? or will the Show Car Glaze do a much better job of polishing? Im planning to do wash, dry, claybar, wash, dry, swirlx, polish, wax.

Comment

Originally posted by time007 View Post
            Do i have to use this product "Professional Show Car Glaze #7"? If I'm using Swirlx? or will the Show Car Glaze do a much better job of polishing? Im planning to do wash, dry, claybar, wash, dry, swirlx, polish, wax.

http://www.amazon.com/Oz-Meguiars-Sh...Show+Car+Glaze
            wait nevermind, i watched the swirlx video again, it says to follow it up with a polish like show car glaze.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');