• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Pontiac Grand Prix (Coated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix (Coated)

A few months ago I did a full correction on my brothers car. I posted that in the following thread as well as final updates.

It was time to move on to the next level of protection with a coating. He was intrigued by it and decided to have that applied.

I did not take to many before photos. He did a good job in maintaining it. He was not looking to have a show car finish as this is his daily driver.

Here's a video of the initial pass I made with a polishing pad and some M205. A few more passes left the surface in very good shape for the next polishing step using Menzerna SF3800.

http://vimeo.com/146601989

50/50 on the pillars using M205 on a 3" Lake Country Tangerine Hydrotech pad.

The hood is not OEM and thus the paint is not OEM. It is on the hard side and my test spot with M205 on a DFP5 thin yellow polishing pad was not giving me the result I wanted. I moved to a DFC5 thin burgundy pad with some M100. It did finish LSP ready. I followed up with M205 on a DFP5 polishing pad followed by a final step of Menzerna SF3800 on a DFF5 thin black finishing pad.

The remainder of the car was a 2 step with M205 and SF3800. The car was then coated with Ameriarmour.

A couple photos as soon as I pulled it out of the garage.

We ended up taking a ride to another place to take a few photos. This is the location for the old CSI Miami TV show headquarters.

Wouldn't be So Cal without the palm trees.

The sun was shifting and this is the last shot before we left.

Products used:

Wash: Foam Gun, Meguiar's D110 Hyper Wash, Iron X (As always I use this wash method http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...shing-car.html)

Paint decon: Meguiar's D155 Last Touch, Clay Magic Fine Grade Clay bar

Compound: Meguiar's M100 + Meguiar's DFC5 Thin Burgundy Cutting Pad (hood only), Meguiar's 3" Microfiber Cutting Disk + M100 for spot correction

Polish: Meguiar's M205 + Meguiar's DFP5 Thin Yellow Polishing Pad, Menzerna SF3800 + Meguiar's DFF5 Thin Black Finishing pad

Coating prep: CarPro eraser

Coating: Ameriarmour

Wheels: Meguiar's DUB wheel cleaner, Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster to boost Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Wheel Coating

Tires: Meguiar's D143, Pinnacle Black Onyx

Exhaust tips: Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener

Glass: Meguiar's D120, DP Glass Coating still going strong

Trim: Mothers Back to Black Heavy Duty Trim Cleaner, Blackfire Total Trim & Tire Sealant

Interior: Vacuum, Meguiar's Upholstery Cleaner, 303 Fabric Guard, Meguiar's Natural Shine, Meguiar's Leather Sealer System, Meguiar's New Car Scent Air-Refresher

Tool: Meguiar's MT300, Porter Cable 7424XP, 2" Harbor Freight Orbital
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');