• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wash and Wax Anywhere and the coin-op?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash and Wax Anywhere and the coin-op?

After using a coin-op to get the major grit off your vehicle, you simply apply Wash and Wax Anywhere to the still wet vehicle and pretty much dry it like you normally would, right?

Re: Wash and Wax Anywhere and the coin-op?

Or take it home and do a rinseless wash on it in the garage to get the rest of the scum off that only comes off when washed by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
      After using a coin-op to get the major grit off your vehicle, you simply apply Wash and Wax Anywhere to the still wet vehicle and pretty much dry it like you normally would, right?
      Yeah, pretty much.

Apply to one section/panel at a time, gently wipe with a MF towel, then buff off the excess with a separate MF. Move onto next section...
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I tried using Wash and Wax Anywhere at the coin-op using the technique described by davy. It was 40 degrees and windy. I "got-r-done" and the result was very satisfactory, but I nearly froze my butt off.

I actually prefer taking my truck home and do a rinseless wash my warm garage.

It's a nice garage. Might as well use it.

Comment

Yep, this is an old thread, but since I started it I guess that I can bring it up again.

When the temperature is hovering between 35 and 40 and there is no wind, I usually head to the coin-op to wash our trucks. I always finish the coin-op wash with a rinseless wash (ONR with wax) or Megs Wash and Wax Anywhere. Protection-wise is the rinseless wash with wax better than Wash and Wax Anywhere. Both trucks have been waxed with Ultimate Wax. Sometimes it is simply handier to grab the spray bottle and towel and do the job at the coin-op than to come home and do the rinseless wash. Does the water still on the truck dilute the Wash and Wax Anywhere? I'm getting old and lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by tguil View Post
            Does the water still on the truck dilute the Wash and Wax Anywhere?
            It absolutely does.

For what it is worth, when I do a waterless wash in the winter with the method you are talking about, I still drive my car home before starting on that portion of things. Knocks some of the water off, and for some reason there is always more wind at the spray wash.

Also, quick tip to help keep you warm. Wear black nitril gloves when spraying the car off at the coin op. It will help keep your fingers warmer a bit longer. Especially if you do the waterless wash at the coin op after spraying it down.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');