• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooler weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooler weather?

When is it to cold to wax and polish your car? Is there a temperature where it's kinda a cut off for waxing?

Re: Cooler weather?

I have done mine at 50F and other than a tad longer drying time, it was fine. Probably would be fine even at a lower temp, but no experience lower than 50.

Comment

99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks fellas. This site has already anwsered a lot of my questions. Wish I would have found it sooner

Comment

I just did my car but used Hi-Tech Yellow 26. Came out okay. Good shine and depth. Temps were in the 40's. Under 50 degrees out I stay away from the waxes that need a cure time like NXT 2.0 but wanted to get something on the car before it gets really cold. Did two coats and spray wax on top then next day Ultimate Quick Detailer. Finish is now slick and slippery and reflects like a mirror.

Comment

When the weather is cool, you can work in the sun, which helps.

You may get a little streaking from wax if it is damp.. but nothing damaging, no rain not to take care of things.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If you have a warm garage then you can do it year around but as everyone else states 50 degrees is usually the cutoff for any kind of correction work or wax.

Comment

I was lucky enough to pick up a bottle of Paint Protect 365 at my local Advanced Auto for 4.75...used it yesterday..is it ok to now go over it with UQD..or UQW...

Comment

Originally posted by 02Rodeo View Post
                  I was lucky enough to pick up a bottle of Paint Protect 365 at my local Advanced Auto for 4.75...used it yesterday..is it ok to now go over it with UQD..or UQW...
                  I would wait after the 24 hour cure time stated on the back of the label before topping it.

Will it hurt anything, probably not.

If you want to get the full effects of 365 let it cure for 7-10 days.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

If it rains will that affect cure time within the 7-10 day window..

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. The bottle states a 24 hour cure time.

Mike Stoops had stated somewhere in regards to the 7-10 day window. I can't recall off the top of my head. If I find it I will post it.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yes I know the bottle says 24 cure time I just wasn't sure if exposure to water would affect the cure time..

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');