• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Black vs Ultimate Protectant, gloss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Black vs Ultimate Protectant, gloss?

I have been using Ultimate Protectant trigger spray when it first come out and like the product a lot.
    Would like to stock up so I wont run out of it.
    Then there is the Ultimate Black which I have not tried before.

As explained by Mr. Stoops, Ultimate Black and Ultimate Protectant are more or less the same thing.
    I am all about a glossy trim so I would like to ask:
    When applied on the same surface using a foam wax applicator, which one is GLOSSIER? UP trigger or UB lotion?
    Thanks !

Dennis
    Nissan Fuga | 日產 風雅 | 日産 フーガ

Re: Ultimate Black vs Ultimate Protectant, gloss?

I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you that UB on interior in one of my cars has a very natural look to it.

Comment

Ultimate Black got reformulated to last longer on trim. I have never used UB on the interior but if the protectant is working for you then keep on using it.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for the replies Sir!
        Well as my car doesnt get driven much, durability isnt my concern.

I heard people saying UP is quite glossy inside, so if UB has a very natural look, I assume UP is the glossier one on trim then!
        Dennis

Comment

Give both a try.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by PPLd View Post
            Thanks for the replies Sir!
            Well as my car doesnt get driven much, durability isnt my concern.

I heard people saying UP is quite glossy inside, so if UB has a very natural look, I assume UP is the glossier one on trim then!
            Maybe I'll go pick up some UP this weekend and do some experimenting. I have some trim sitting around I can play with.

Comment

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
              Maybe I'll go pick up some UP this weekend and do some experimenting. I have some trim sitting around I can play with.
              Yes please see how they compare. I am sure there are other members who are interested to know as well.
              Dennis

Comment

Sorry about the delay with this one. I setup a dressing show down today on one of my door panels.

All products were applied with separate applicator for each product, and were buffed off with a clean dry towel to remove any excess and even it out.

From left to right: Ultimate Protectant, Ultimate Black, D163 Tire and Trim Gel, and D180 Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Ultimate Protectant

Ultimate Black

D163

D180

Observations:

Ultimate Black and D163 are both very similar in how they look, and feel.
                Ultimate Protectant is MUCH less glossier than Ultimate Black.

Comment

Nice. Looking forward to hearing back on the test results.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    Nice. Looking forward to hearing back on the test results.
                    Should be a good one to see how long each lasts under ideal conditions.

Those door cards will get swapped out at some point soon but I will hold onto the one to see how long each dressing lasts on it.

If anyone wants to see other dressings in this show down I will be happy to test them as well.

Comment

Great, can't wait to see the results of this test.

Thanks for taking the time to do it and document it!
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Nice test
                        I'm shocked at how matte Ultimate Protectant is compared to Ultimate Black and D163. Even the D180 looks toned down next to those 2.

Can you add Hyper Dressing and D156 to the test?
                        Last edited by Eldorado2k; Dec 7, 2015, 10:35 PM. Reason: Spell check

Comment

Originally posted by Eldorado2k View Post
                          Nice test
                          I'm shocked at how matte Ultimate Protectant is compared to Ultimate Black and D163. Even the D180 looks toned down next to those 2.

Can you add Hyper Dressing and D156 to the test?
                          I've never thought to use D156 for interior. I'll Add it to the test.
                          What dilution of Hyper Dressing? Or should I just do Multiple dilutions?

Comment

Do whatever dilutions you already have mixed up.
                            1.1 and 4:1 would be ideal.

Comment

First update:
                              You can barely see the Ultimate Protectant.

Next up D156. This one you can barely tell it was on the panel after it had dried. Even trying to catch it in the right light it is difficult to see

Hyper dressing, from left to right: 1:1, 2:1. And on the second row: 3:1, and 4:1.
                              It is a bit difficult to tell the difference between these ones in pictures. 1:1 is really glossy. I'd say on par with D163, but with more of a slippery feel. 2:1 is only a touch less glossy. At 3:1 you can really notice a difference. It is closer to Ultimate Black at this point. 4:1 looks similar to D180

If I can find some Ultimate Interior Detailer locally I will try that out as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');