• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question...How to clean white lettering on car mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...How to clean white lettering on car mats

So I have tried to clean the white lettering on my wifes Lexus car mats and I cannot get it to look really white like the passenger side,they are NOT that dirty and I am detailing her car once a week.I have used the following with only fair results....APC.APC PLUS,SONAX UPHULSTRY CLEANER,ADAMS APC,ADAMS INTERIOR CLEANER,PLEASE HELP,THERE HAS TO BE AN ANSWER.THANKS.

Re: Question...How to clean white lettering on car mats

Have you tried steam?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

What color are the matts? [color of the carpet surrounding the white lettering]

Comment

Everyone's definition of "not that dirty" is different. It's possible the stains has been set with all those different products.

Also since it is the drivers side it sees more wear and tear.

Maybe D106 and D116 would be something that may work. Carpet and upholstery clean may be another option. Hopefully Mr. Stoops can chime in and lend his expertise.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

I have used TIDE straight out of the bottle, and a medium nylon bristle brush, and it certainly made my white lettering so much better in my mats. I don't have the same vehicle, but if your lettering is stitched as mine is, brush in the direction of the stitch grain, and then flush with water until all of the Tide reside is gone. Matter of fact, you can brush the entire mat with all of the suds created, and clean the entire surface. Most of the time my mats are out of the car, and the carpet is protected by rubber mats. I only put the fancy lettered mats in on special occasions, so they may not see as much use.

Comment

I have had success with Spray 9

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');