• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megs BDB and Chrome...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megs BDB and Chrome...

Just wanted to open up a discussion. I have a set of aftermarket alloy wheels with chrome finish (peeling nicely!) that I will be using for winter wheels/tires. They were plasti dipped which I removed and found out why. A lot of chrome is starting to peel away. That is fine, especially for the price and for their use but even with the damage I think they still look a little sharper with chrome than plasti dipped black.

Will Meg's BRB offer sufficient protection over the winter to keep them from being, well I dunno, damaged so bad that even plasti dip won't be an option any more? I figure its a lot cheaper to buy a can of BRB than 4-5 cans of plasti dip, not to mention quicker and easier. Just don't want to get halfway into winter and find they look so much worse than now that I will feel compelled to dip them.
    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Re: Megs BDB and Chrome...

The BDB is really just to help dirt/brake dust, etc, wash off easier. I wouldnt really call it a protective coating, like to take damage.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If the chrome is peeling, there is no product that will stop that, short of a respray / re-chrome.

BDB may slow it down slightly...
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Like I said these are just winter wheels. I'm not too worried just don't want them to start corroding on top of it to the point where plasti dip won't stick later.
        2011 F150 5.0L 4x4

Comment

No sense in wasting good product. Just re- dip them again.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');