• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet sanding a fresh paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet sanding a fresh paint

I own a black color Nissan X-Trail. Few days ago I finished painting it. I used a De Beer base color with its HS clear. Now it has passed it cure time. I could manage to apply the clear with no visible orange peel. I saw some runs on clear coat and fixed them using 1500, 2000 grits sand papers. Should I wet sand everywhere before applying ultimate compound? or can I apply the ultimate compound without 2000 grit wet sanding? Can ultimate compound remove 2000 grit sand paper scratch marks? Thanks!

Re: Wet sanding a fresh paint

Originally posted by Dumidu View Post
    Can ultimate compound remove 2000 grit sand paper scratch marks? Thanks!
    By hand or using a DA? If its with a DA it really depends on the hardness of the paint, I've seen 2500 grit marks removed using Meguiars M105 and a microfibre cutting disc.

Comment

I use a rotary polisher with a few foam compounding pads. I see Ultimate compound removes the 2000 grit wet sanding haze, but it fails to remove some deeper sanding scratches. I should wet sand those areas again. Is M105 more aggressive than Ultimate compound?

Comment

Yes M105 is more aggressive than Ultimate Compound. This should help...

Comment

I'm using M105 with W4000 wool pad. I can easily remove the wet sanding haze and deeper scratch marks with them. Thanks Kieron!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');