• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Metal Polish (M2805)-old product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Metal Polish (M2805)-old product

I have about half a tub of #2805 and it's pretty well dehydrated.

So my question, what can I use to hydrate it semi-back to what is should be.

Yes, I know I can get new product, but boy, I REALLY like this old stuff.

Thanx!

Bill

Re: All Metal Polish (M2805)-old product

It is a great product! I have a tub tucked away that I've had for who knows how long. It isn't dried out though, so I'm lucky.

Good luck with an answer!

Comment

Bump

I do know what the MSDS say for a 'carrier', but that's like reading Greek, even AFTER figuring out what it is (LOL).

Let's try one more time.

Bill

Comment

I had the same problem, dried out 2805. I did bring it back to a workable consistency but cannot for the life of me remember how or what I did. This was about 3 years ago and have been looking for an equal product since with no luck.

Comment

Frank,

I kinda gave up. One a 'rag' corner, I tried using a dab of water, kerosene, paint thinner and almost everything in the garage. all for naught.

So, it's just sleeping in the cabinet.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
            Frank,

I kinda gave up. One a 'rag' corner, I tried using a dab of water, kerosene, paint thinner and almost everything in the garage. all for naught.

So, it's just sleeping in the cabinet.

Bill
            Bill I was told the M28 has been discontinued.Is this your information also? I know I tried for a long time to get it with no luck and don"t know of a Meguire"s replacement that is its equal. I did try the 3-M metal polish, didn't like it. Could not get rid of the haze.

Comment

Where did my post go?

I'll try again...yea, M28 is long gone.

Take a look at this: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...08TgPe5RoeX.97 , hopefully this will link. If not, "search" M-2805, it'll be at the top of the list.

Haven't had a chance to give them a try, but knowing Meguiar's...all should be good.

Bill

Comment

Sometimes a bummer, we cannot get all the products to Canada. I'll go after these, see what happens. Thanks Bill

Comment

Do get down to Vancouver much? Maybe there? There is always mail order. OH, how about 'Canadian Tire'? Is there one up there?

I have to honest, I don't think I remember seeing ANY of these products on the shelf. But then I wasn't looking.

Good luck!

Bill

Comment

Here's what looks like a good chance...try Lordco, they show Meguiar's products. May not have it on the shelf, but probably can access it pretty quickly. Same goes for NAPA.

Bill

Comment

Neither Lordco or Napa have that product # in their system. Not available in Canada through either of them. I was told just a simple matter of the product not being described in both English and French could be enough to keep it out of Canada. Go figure! I am going to try Amazon, hope I have some luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
                        Where did my post go?

I'll try again...yea, M28 is long gone.

Take a look at this: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...08TgPe5RoeX.97 , hopefully this will link. If not, "search" M-2805, it'll be at the top of the list.

Haven't had a chance to give them a try, but knowing Meguiar's...all should be good.

Bill
                        I haven't used the product you are looking for but all three metal polishes work great.
                        99 Grand Prix
                        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by frankk View Post
                          Neither Lordco or Napa have that product # in their system. Not available in Canada through either of them. I was told just a simple matter of the product not being described in both English and French could be enough to keep it out of Canada. Go figure! I am going to try Amazon, hope I have some luck.
                          Geeze, I'd forgotten all about the language thing. Been just long enough since I left the Seattle area and making trips to Vancouver. Let us know how you come out using The Big "A".

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                          I haven't used the product you are looking for but all three metal polishes work great.
                          Thanx Mike...Good to know.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');