• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC Leather and Vinyl clearer, GC leather conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC Leather and Vinyl clearer, GC leather conditioner

Recently replaced the original cracked, damaged and abused leather seats in my 1996 Mustang GT with great condition but otherwise identical used leather seats (1996 Ford Mustang GT saddle tan leather). The leather is quite dry feeling so initial pre-install cleaning and conditioning was done with what I had on hand which was Lexol cleaner and lexol conditioner. Seemed to work well enough, they were not dirty just felt dry and lexol seemed to do a good number.

Fast forward a few days. Weather heated up and I've spent some very sweaty seat time in them the past two days. Considering how the leather felt initially I figured a light follow up cleaning and conditioning couldn't hurt. Plus I picked up some megs GC leather/vinyl cleaner and GC leather conditioner on "sale" at walmart. Now, I have the utmost faith in meg's products and they are usually my go-to but I must question these (yes QUESTION, not doubt/belittle/flame/etc).

- GC Leather/Vinyl Cleaner. Very light, non-viscous product. Smelled EXACTLY like APC, and when a little of the mist found its way onto some mucus membranes it tasted the same. I see this as a good/bad thing. I know APC works very well at what it does and I have used it extensively. Not sure if its the *best* for leather, but I've used it on a number of leather items with fine results. Is GC Leather and Vinyl Cleaner any different than APC? If so, how?

- GC Leather Conditioner (trigger spray bottle). Not sure what to make of this. Definitely much MUCH more watery than the Lexol spray conditioner I had used before. No noticeable odor or taste this time Does this offer any benefits over Lexol? Is it comparable? All I've found was the labeling noting aloe and UV inhibitors... A little skeptical of this product, but I did apply a nice coat to let it sit over night, so we'll see how it feels tomorrow.

I know this isn't the most resoundingly positive thread, but thats OK because I'm not sure if these are the proper products FOR ME, THIS TIME. It almost seems like these particular products are better suited to New/Newer leather? Years ago I had good results from Mother's conditioner (cream). Would another Meg's product offer greater leather conditioning? Or perhaps the GC spray leather conditioner is deceiving and will actually work very well?
    2011 F150 5.0L 4x4
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');