• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars paint protection applied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars paint protection applied

Used Meguiars Paint protection for the first time. And I really like it better then regular wax. Easy to apply and no wax residue.

Re: Meguiars paint protection applied

Looks good. Did you do any prep work prior to applying?
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks! Just your normal wash and dry. Didn't need to do any claying.this may sound like a stupid question but can you only use it once a year or can you use it more then once.

Comment

Originally posted by JG_Detailing View Post
        Thanks! Just your normal wash and dry. Didn't need to do any claying.this may sound like a stupid question but can you only use it once a year or can you use it more then once.
        Are you talking about layering? Seems unneeded. The "look" that it imparts on paint isn't anything to write home about. I don't see it looking better with another layer.

Comment

Originally posted by JG_Detailing View Post
          If it fails before the year then yes you can use it again. Keep us updated on how long it lasts.

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
          Are you talking about layering? Seems unneeded. The "look" that it imparts on paint isn't anything to write home about. I don't see it looking better with another layer.
          I agree with this. One coat is all you need. It will not add any additional protection or shine. The shine and gloss will come from the prep such as a polish.
          99 Grand Prix
          02 Camaro SS

Comment

But it also wouldn't hurt anything if you did apply another coat.

Nice work btw
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');