• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New black truck need help detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New black truck need help detailing

since i already have the ultimate spray wax on should i just wait until im finish with that spray bottle then purchase the paste for a better seal for the paint? pass 2 weeks i have been just washing and spray waxing. im thinking of paste waxing about 6 times a year so every other month? during my pasting time ill be also claying when needed and if i notice the swirls i will apply wax cleaner since ill will be doing it by hand instead of a DA polisher. on my once a week car washing routine should it be fine just washing and hand drying? or will it be ok to still apply spray on wax even though ill be pasting every other month? i wasnt sure if ill be overloading the wax on my paint=)

Comment

so after my washing of the car i can apply the spray wax while the car is still wet and just wipe it away after? how ive been doing it was using an absorber towel after washing to dry then id apply the spray wax and spread it around with a microfiber towel. then use a new microfiber towel to wipe away the wax.

Comment

It's my understanding you should wax your car with something like a liquid or paste wax, and then use the spray wax now and then for a quick freshening.
        2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

hey everyone still having trouble deciding how i will take care of the swirls on my brand new truck. ive been reading up on the forums here. was wondering how do you know if you have soft or hard paint? or if i have light scratches. since im new to detailing i wanted to start off with doing it by hand instead of a DA. although im a hvac technician and i got a pretty good Makita drill where i hope that would be good enough for the kit. im currently still shopping online on what to get. as of right now im just doing my weekly car wash and quick spray wax right after. so far im getting ultimate paste wax, clay kit, white wax, x3070 foam pads, meg water magnet, meg super shine towel. still debating if i should add m205 to help with my swirls or uc. if theres anything you folks would like to add or suggest it will be much appreactiated. detailing this 2015 dodge ram crew cab. thanks!

Comment

I would add M205 and UC to your order. They are good to have.

In regards to your question about soft or hard paint. It is dependent on the test spot with the least aggressive method. The paint will tell you what it wants.

I would actually add 2-3 more water magnets considering you have a truck.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

There are alot of videos on youtube that deal with paint correction my advice is check them out, they help a lot. Meguiars especially

Comment

Originally posted by kieron24 View Post
                There are alot of videos on youtube that deal with paint correction my advice is check them out, they help a lot. Meguiars especially
                thanks been watching many videos on youtube including videos on this site. great videos! thinking of starting off this weekend with:

gold class car wash
                claying
                m205
                black wax (decided to go with this as i read it helps keep the black dark)
                ultimate wax paste

if anyone would like to add to this or prefer different method will highly appreaciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by jkmhi89 View Post
                  thanks been watching many videos on youtube including videos on this site. great videos! thinking of starting off this weekend with:

gold class car wash
                  claying
                  m205
                  ultimate wax paste

if anyone would like to add to this or prefer different method will highly appreaciate it!
                  Skip the black wax and just use the ultimate. Really. There's no real need for the black wax since you're finishing it off with ultimate anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SwedishCanadian View Post
                    Skip the black wax and just use the ultimate. Really. There's no real need for the black wax since you're finishing it off with ultimate anyway.
                    And by using M205 which in itself will correct (clean) and will add more depth due to its polishing oil load, the use of black wax before applying ultimate will be redundant. Like applying black wax after applying M07 or Deep Crystal Polish.

Comment

gold class car wash
                      claying
                      m205
                      ultimate wax paste

Here are a couple options

gold class car wash
                      claying

gold class car wash
                      claying
                      m205
                      ultimate wax paste
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

hey family. need advice is using the m205 to remove swirl webby scratches on my paint by hand.

Comment

By hand...I'd recommend Ultimate Polish. It's just more 'hand friendly'. Same as for using Ult Compound (if needed).

Bill

Comment

hey family. need advice is using the m205 to remove swirl webby scratches on my paint by hand.
                            You can only do so much by hand. M205 will remove light defects. Not knowing the condition of the truck, try a test spot. But it sounds like you need to start off with ultimate compound.
                            99 Grand Prix
                            02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                              You can only do so much by hand. M205 will remove light defects. Not knowing the condition of the truck, try a test spot. But it sounds like you need to start off with ultimate compound.
                              I'm with Guz on this. Personally I think anyone trying to fix black by hand is a very ambitious person. My boney fingers would probably fall off lol.

Comment

thanks guys for the tips. $250 for a polisher is hard for me at the moment to purchase and im not sure if its just useless getting the drill activated polisher thats much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');