• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review - D160 All Season Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review - D160 All Season Dressing

Not too long ago forum member cfilly hooked me up with a sample of All Season dressing. I had to opportunity to use it over the weekend. I used a spray bottle, a microfiber towel and a microfiber applicator.

I sprayed it directly onto the tire. I then used the microfiber applicator to spread it around onto the tire. I cleaned up any overspray with the microfiber towel. I let it sit for 30 mins and then went over it with the dry side of the microfiber applicator to remove any excess product.

Here is what the tires looked like after the initial application.

I was losing daylight but when it caught any remaining light I thought it was going to be too glossy for my tastes.

The next day after in full sun I was satisfied with the look. Not overly glossy. The tires were more black than anything.

I can't comment on durability just yet but overall not a bad look. Thanks cfilly for the sample.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Re: Review - D160 All Season Dressing

Looks really good. ASD seems to get overlooked these days. How it holding up?

Comment

It's only been a few days but it's holding up well.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Never have tried it on tires- just used it under the hood on plastics. May have to try it on tires now.
        2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
        2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

Thanks for the review

The tires look great. Please update us on durability.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by ajb39oh View Post
            Never have tried it on tires- just used it under the hood on plastics. May have to try it on tires now.
            You really should. It has a nice look to it.

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
            Thanks for the review

The tires look great. Please update us on durability.
            Will do. It still looks good and black after a few days of driving.
            99 Grand Prix
            02 Camaro SS

Comment

What 'microfiber applicator' did u use?

Comment

How does it compare to hyper dressing? Seems to lay down a bit more even from what the pictures show.

Comment

Originally posted by briarpatch View Post
                  What 'microfiber applicator' did u use?
                  It is some square microfiber block applicator that I had laying around. Something like this

Originally posted by DasBurninator View Post
                  How does it compare to hyper dressing? Seems to lay down a bit more even from what the pictures show.
                  I have never used hyper dressing but hopefully someone that has used both can comment on that.
                  99 Grand Prix
                  02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                    I have never used hyper dressing but hopefully someone that has used both can comment on that.
                    Want to try some? I have more than I will probably ever use. Be happy to send you some.

Comment

It's been about 2 weeks and I noticed a couple of lightly faded areas on the drivers side tire. I didn't look at the others in detail but they look ok.
                      99 Grand Prix
                      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                        It's been about 2 weeks and I noticed a couple of lightly faded areas on the drivers side tire. I didn't look at the others in detail but they look ok.
                        Thanks for the follow up

Comment

I am calling this one at about 2-3 weeks. The other tires were showing blotchy areas on the tire.
                          99 Grand Prix
                          02 Camaro SS

Comment

Thanks for following up Michael.

So did the car go through any rain, or bucket/hose washing in those 2-3 weeks?
                            Originally posted by Blueline
                            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

No rain and no bucket or hose in that time. Not even a D114 rinse until I had to remove some paint overspray from my Grand Prix..
                              99 Grand Prix
                              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');